The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography Paper 1 22nd May

Who else sat AQA's geography paper today?
I did and it was the first time I've ever run out of time to answer every question. I missed out a 4-marker, and a 9-marker. I knew the answers, just ran out of time. Anyone else feel like we didn't have enough time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MaSharKo
Who else sat AQA's geography paper today?
I did and it was the first time I've ever run out of time to answer every question. I missed out a 4-marker, and a 9-marker. I knew the answers, just ran out of time. Anyone else feel like we didn't have enough time?

which 9 marker? forgotten what they were for each section
Too many longer questions, not enough time to complete them in
I found it long but pretty easy - I managed to answer all of the questions in about 1 hour 20 (1 hour 30 min exam) and usually i finish a 1hr 45 min exam in around 1hr 10.... so Im a quick writer but nearly ran out of time with this.

I do coasts and rivers, and for the 9 marker i wrote about Svalbard - tourism, mining, fishing etc.

If anyone can remind me other questions then ill let you know how i answered, but i cannot remember any x
I was able to complete the whole paper but my answers definitely weren't as good as they could have been. Lots of people at my school felt the same way though, so I think the grade boundaries will most likely be lower than usual.
SOmeone in my school answered all three questions for section C lol
Reply 6
I did hot deserts, rivers and glaciers. Managed to finish within the time however I probably could've written more for the Typhoon Haiyan :colondollar:
Reply 7
Yeah, same here, i missed all/most of section 4 on rivers worth about 9 marks pretty bumbed about it as i imagine you are too, but hopefully aqa will shine some light on grade boundaries with maybe a lot of other people running short of time..
what answer did you guys put for the landform question where they gave u an image and said what landform it was
also what did u write for the difference between 2 points length wise
hydrograph question threw me off :frown:
Original post by Abjeet xoxo
what answer did you guys put for the landform question where they gave u an image and said what landform it was
also what did u write for the difference between 2 points length wise

I think it was a wave-cut platform??
Original post by LucieTheUnicorn
Too many longer questions, not enough time to complete them in

I agree, only just finished. What did everyone put for the Multiple choice with the biomes?

Look at Figure X. Which of these statements is TRUE.

I literally didn't know if the true one was "Most of the world's area of hot desert is in the southern hemisphere" or "the largest single area of tropical rainforest is in South America"

There was definitely more desert area in the south, but also I'm sure the rainforest was true, unless the S.E Asian islands count as a "single area".

I put the deserts in the end. it's true based on the figure. If AQA want a scrap over it I'm ready :angry:
Original post by cookie1362
I think it was a wave-cut platform??

yayya I put that
Original post by eclipseboi
I agree, only just finished. What did everyone put for the Multiple choice with the biomes?

Look at Figure X. Which of these statements is TRUE.

I literally didn't know if the true one was "Most of the world's area of hot desert is in the southern hemisphere" or "the largest single area of tropical rainforest is in South America"

There was definitely more desert area in the south, but also I'm sure the rainforest was true, unless the S.E Asian islands count as a "single area".

I put the deserts in the end. it's true based on the figure. If AQA want a scrap over it I'm ready :angry:

I put the single area one
Original post by Abjeet xoxo
yayya I put that

sameeeeeeee :smile:
Original post by sbm22sbm22
hydrograph question threw me off :frown:

truss me i didnt know what to write :frown:
Original post by n.chowdhury2
sameeeeeeee :smile:

everyone in my class was saying that I was wrong :smile:
lmao

Shorter version but said building with impermeable materials as well as the steepness of the hills and the impermeable rock could increase run off. This would increase the peak discharge and decrease lag time.

sme and it was 6 marks:frown:
What did people get on the multiple choice question about how long it would take for the plates to move 100 meters or something ?

Quick Reply