wasted my f***ing teens

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
19 now, and regret not going out more during high school. Regret not going to parties. Regret not going to prom. Regret not joining the gym at 16. I f***ing hate myself for wasting the best years of my life. Anyone in the same boat?
becca277
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yep. Spent my teens being anxious, panicky, not seeking the right help. Barely went out, just stayed at home piling on weight with a boyfriend. Don't worry about it. You can still have fun in your 20s.
username738914
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
19 now, and regret not going out more during high school. Regret not going to parties. Regret not going to prom. Regret not joining the gym at 16. I f***ing hate myself for wasting the best years of my life. Anyone in the same boat?
Dw jusy make up for it now.

I was a dweeb in my teens, now I've got a pretty good social and sex life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This might not be what you want to hear, but..... you have loads of time to do all those things in your 20s (and your 30s... and 40s... and 50s...and beyond....):woo:

Don't spend any more time regretting - start getting out there, join a gym, go to parties, have fun & do the things you want to do :yay:

:bl:
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
If you unable regret not doing those things, then the best time to start is now.
dddd1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
same it gets better after 20 imo.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You haven't wasted them. You can still do them all in your 20s, you just have to make them happen.
baker_28
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
life carries on, regardless of age you're still human and you're still alive.. you've always got a chance to do or change things up until the day you die, the only thing you can do is live in the present
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Chances are you have at least 70+ years more to live.

What are you going to do with it?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This might be a relevant post at 35...but 19...wow...bit early..but do go to uni and stay fit.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Isn’t it funny how we waste time regretting how we wasted time?
Pepper14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by becca277)
Yep. Spent my teens being anxious, panicky, not seeking the right help. Barely went out, just stayed at home piling on weight with a boyfriend. Don't worry about it. You can still have fun in your 20s.
nineTEEN mmm guessing your still a TEEN - don’t waste another minute. 16 is far to young for parties but 20 that’s fine - but you can do too much at any age don’t burn the candle too fast they say
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by uberteknik)
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Chances are you have at least 70+ years more to live.

What are you going to do with it?
I don't know why i need to point this out but those 70+ years left are not going to 70+years being in your 20s. Our culture has an obession with youth and the only way we acknowlegde getting old is by pretending we can still be 20 somethings when we get old.

(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
This might not be what you want to hear, but..... you have loads of time to do all those things in your 20s (and your 30s... and 40s... and 50s...and beyond....):woo:

Don't spend any more time regretting - start getting out there, join a gym, go to parties, have fun & do the things you want to do :yay:

:bl:
Yes, but going to a concert for the first time with your teenage friends is not comparable to going to a concert when you are in your 40s. Your senses litterally dull as you get older as well so it gets harder to enjoy things in that sense
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Generally speaking your 20s are normally considered your prime years so you haven't even gone past the peak of life yet so I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just try to do things you want to do now that you feel you missed out on in your teens. An old person wont be able to tell you apart from a 28 yr old at a party full of young poeple. You are all kids to them and you still have a liscence to act like a teenager. No one can afford the things that make you a grown up anymore anyway. Combine that with our culture of not growing up and you can be goofing around like a teenager for atleast a decade if you want.

Also this thing about your child years, escpecially your teenage years, being the best years is just a load of rose tinted crap as far as I can tell. It';s just different and the only notible better aspects to it is you are further away from death and you still have a laod of family still alive that you may have lost on the way of your life. Those are good reasons to pine for youth but that doesn't mean there is not a lot of **** that comes with being under 18. I mean come on, the teenage years can be ****ing traumatic. I know mine were in many ways.

Spoiler:
Show

This is from a 25 yr old
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
19 is still really young dude, you've got like 10 years left of being young
Milk Tea
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your life doesn't end at 20. You still have plenty of time to have fun :yep:
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
I don't know why i need to point this out but those 70+ years left are not going to 70+years being in your 20s. Our culture has an obession with youth and the only way we acknowlegde getting old is by pretending we can still be 20 somethings when we get old.
I don't know why I need to point this out but no-one can go back in time. Those years are gone, no point in crying and wasting more time by looking back over something that can never be changed. The only way to deal with it, is to enjoy the remaining life however one pleases and not look back with regret.
Anonymous #1
I wish I could rewind my life 2 years and start to do stuff that I regret now but I guess I still have a chance to change all that when I go to uni.
Zantar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Regret not joining the gym at 16
Why that specifically?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zantar)
Why that specifically?
well I meant say to join the gym by 16 cause ive never been in good shape, always been a little overweight
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads