AQA Physics GCSE Paper 1, Feelings, Predictions? Watch

blackthrn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any thoughts for tomorrow? Anyone’s teacher said anything useful about what might be on?
ZdYnm8vuNR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel like it will be ok, and that there will be a lot of electricity related maths
blackthrn
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZdYnm8vuNR)
I feel like it will be ok, and that there will be a lot of electricity related maths
ah, i hate electricity equations (so many!) so i hope not! but yeah i agree
louishill1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm predicting an application question about radioactivity - eg you're given the half-lives, types of radiation emitted and have to evaluate what would be most suitable
Static electricity, fission and fusion are likely.
I also think the electricity practicals will come up and you will have to draw an appropriate circuit.
Potential question on irradiation/contamination and maths involving background radiation?
Potential 5/6 marker involving more than one equation with unit conversions and rearranging.
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
After that chem paper, everyone should prepare themselves for death.
blackthrn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
After that chem paper, everyone should prepare themselves for death.
hahah do you do combined? i didnt mind the separate chem paper myself but i heard combined was awful
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by blackthrn)
hahah do you do combined? i didnt mind the separate chem paper myself but i heard combined was awful
I am actually in Y13 but according to Y11s it was an awful paper, no idea myself though
blackthrn
Rep:
?
(Original post by louishill1)
I'm predicting an application question about radioactivity - eg you're given the half-lives, types of radiation emitted and have to evaluate what would be most suitable
I also think the electricity practicals will come up and you will have to draw an appropriate circuit.
Potential question on irradiation/contamination and maths involving background radiation?
Potential 5/6 marker involving more than one equation with unit conversions and rearranging.
maths involving background radiation? i missed a lot of that so what do you mean
louishill1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Background radiation is triple only and hasn’t come up yet, but there isn’t much content for it to know so I suspect they could give you some information about it and ask you to do a standard form calculation or percentage for example
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MediJoecre
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
maths involving background radiation? i missed a lot of that so what do you mean
I believe it simply involves subtracting the background radiation from the overall results on the Geiger-Muller counter, as background radiation is everywhere in the universe and thus is not a part of the radiation emitted by the specific object in the question
blackthrn
Rep:
?
(Original post by MediJoecre)
I believe it simply involves subtracting the background radiation from the overall results on the Geiger-Muller counter, as background radiation is everywhere in the universe and thus is not a part of the radiation emitted by the specific object in the question
oohhhh i can do that, thanks, hopefully that will be on!
blackthrn
Rep:
?
Background radiation is triple only and hasn’t come up yet, but there isn’t much content for it to know so I suspect they could give you some information about it and ask you to do a standard form calculation or percentage for example
yeah i do triple and i’m pretty much expecting all triple only topics to come up on this
OhSoLucky
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Agreed
Mwadi1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The specific heat capacity might come up
StelleD
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
something about heat conduction might come up?
blackthrn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mwadi1)
there was a six marker on it on the latest specimen so i doubt it tbh
krishan_106
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do you think there will be a question about the national grid?
louisaharkness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
feelings? DREAD
Zahra166
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mwadi1)

I don't think that required practical will come up because it came up in the mocks...focus on density and electricity ones I say
but the equation for it might come up
JoeyTanaka
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah i do triple and i’m pretty much expecting all triple only topics to come up on this
I'm expecting nuclear fission & fusion to come up, as well as either transformers in the national grid or electric field in terms of triple content.

Having sat quite a few AQA papers recently, they're out for blood this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?