The Student Room Group

Can't get the grades this year !!! PLEASE HELP any a level advice

Hey guys,
I just really need some kind of help in terms of AS levels and A levels. I'm currently doing my AS exams and i'm just finding it extremely hard to get the grades throughout the year I've been getting Bs and Cs but I need to be predicted 3 As for next year :frown:( It's extremely confusing as I got 10A*s at GCSE. ANY ADVICE ???
Original post by sairamadoodo
Hey guys,
I just really need some kind of help in terms of AS levels and A levels. I'm currently doing my AS exams and i'm just finding it extremely hard to get the grades throughout the year I've been getting Bs and Cs but I need to be predicted 3 As for next year :frown:( It's extremely confusing as I got 10A*s at GCSE. ANY ADVICE ???

Talk to teachers and carry on identifying where the gaps are.
Practice exams and use mark schemes.
A levels require more analysis and understanding than just memorisation. Get the appropriate revision books and just apply yourself.

You will improve but you have to improve by enough.
Original post by 999tigger
Talk to teachers and carry on identifying where the gaps are.
Practice exams and use mark schemes.
A levels require more analysis and understanding than just memorisation. Get the appropriate revision books and just apply yourself.

You will improve but you have to improve by enough.

Thank you so much! Do you know of the best place to find mark schemes etc. ?
Original post by sairamadoodo
Thank you so much! Do you know of the best place to find mark schemes etc. ?

Mark schemes are available on exam board websites along with examiners reports and past papers.
If you are going to buy revision books then buy them now and work over the summer to get yourself into good shape going into 13.
Original post by 999tigger
Mark schemes are available on exam board websites along with examiners reports and past papers.
If you are going to buy revision books then buy them now and work over the summer to get yourself into good shape going into 13.

Will do, thanks again x

Quick Reply

Latest