Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ‘The expansion of heavy industry from c.1850 was the key turning point in making Britain a fully industrial society by 1914.” How far do you agree with this judgement on the process of change over the period 1780-1914?

I have made a plan based around the possible key turning points - textiles, heavies (obv), transport. Then trade, role of the state etc. I think that the factors are all dependent on each other but looking back to a root cause its the development of textiles cos that created the basic structure for further growth eg. towns, factories. and also the steam engine. Could anybody give me any advice, anything at all, on what to include, HOW to include - I'm not sure how to say 'trade was important in making a FULLY ind society' not sure how it actually was... same goes for government legislation. Also how to thread an argument for textiles through it without it sounding one sided?

Thanks.. sorry if that didn't make much sense, I am panicking a bit as the full draft is in for Thursday! x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone..?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2008

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.