Roezl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, so I just did my gcse mocks and I want to start revising but, the thing is, I don't exactly know how?! I have made a revision timetable yet I don't know how to fill it in and well, what to really do in that time.

Of course, before that, I tried to revise for my mocks but all I did was print out past papers and answer exam questions...

And, yes I know that not every revision technique will work on every subject but, if there is one where it works SPECIFICALLY for that subject, then please do leave a reply!
IB NINA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When it comes to timetables you fill it with your daily schedule than with what time of the day you want to start your revision and what class e.g. biology do topic 1 Monday, than re do one bit Monday.. etc. In terms of revising taking revision notes is great, flash cards, creating a study YouTube video or making a mindmap after taking notes is really great. Hope this helps!!! In terms of languages ! Over the summer watch Netflix in Spanish there some great spanish shows, than start reading in Spanish that way you get used to pace via TV and understanding via. Reading. For speaking, find a pen pal or a forum where you can chat to someone in Spanish. I’m looking for someone to practise spanish with so Im down to help if you want.
IB NINA
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry I don’t know why I said Spanish ahaha!! Any language my bad ! But Spanish was an example
MimiElf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

My biggest recommendation for the revision timetable, is split it into small chunks of each subjects. If you spend a whole mornning doing biology, for example, you won't actually remember much of it. Instead, do 45 mins biology, 45 mins english or something . By varying it and revisiting it often you'll both understand and remember more.

Also, find the resources that work well for you. I find youtube videos and seneca learning super helpful for my revision, but it's worth trying a few out and seeing which you find best. Some of my friends really like quizlet, for example
Roezl
Rep:
?
(Original post by IB NINA)
Sorry I don’t know why I said Spanish ahaha!! Any language my bad ! But Spanish was an example
Awh thank you! I will definitely try watching netflix in a different language/ with subtitles; I took French so i guess i can't really help you with spanish but yes that pen pal idea is soo good. Thank you very much!
Roezl
Rep:
?
(Original post by MimiElf)
Hi

My biggest recommendation for the revision timetable, is split it into small chunks of each subjects. If you spend a whole mornning doing biology, for example, you won't actually remember much of it. Instead, do 45 mins biology, 45 mins english or something . By varying it and revisiting it often you'll both understand and remember more.

Also, find the resources that work well for you. I find youtube videos and seneca learning super helpful for my revision, but it's worth trying a few out and seeing which you find best. Some of my friends really like quizlet, for example
Ohhh..I tried Duolingo and that's actually helped me a lot and quizlet, in fact. Thank you for suggesting seneca because i really don't know what that is and i'm sure it will help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads