The Student Room Group

Missed one question on contract law exam

What are the chances of gaining atleast a pass in contract law.. I ran out of time for my last question and only wrote a paragraph or so😩 think I have failed!!!!
Original post by txxay
What are the chances of gaining atleast a pass in contract law.. I ran out of time for my last question and only wrote a paragraph or so😩 think I have failed!!!!

There isn't one universal exam for Contract Law, right? Each university sets a different type of paper in a different format?

I mean, if you or someone else remembers the mark allocations for each question then you should be able to work out if you've passed or not.
A mate of mine did the same thing for land law, got a 55% or something like that. It is not the end of the world necessarily. Do some basic maths: if you have 4 questions, you got 60 on 3 and 0 on 1, what will your average be? Higher than 40%.

Some advice when you know you have no time left: do a brief outline (ie an essay plan) of what you're going to write and conclude, some of the authorities. You can still get marks for that.

Original post by Blue_Cow
There isn't one universal exam for Contract Law, right? Each university sets a different type of paper in a different format?

I mean, if you or someone else remembers the mark allocations for each question then you should be able to work out if you've passed or not.

They're pretty much all 3 questions, mix of problem questions and essays. Can be 4 or 2. So each question is worth 33% usually. Of course, there are some unconventional assignments set by some schools.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Notoriety
A mate of mine did the same thing for land law, got a 55% or something like that. It is not the end of the world necessarily. Do some basic maths: if you have 4 questions, you got 60 on 3 and 0 on 1, what will your average be? Higher than 40%.

Some advice when you know you have no time left: do a brief outline (ie an essay plan) of what you're going to write and conclude, some of the authorities. You can still get marks for that.

They're pretty much all 3 questions, mix of problem questions and essays. Can be 4 or 2. So each question is worth 33% usually. Of course, there are some unconventional assignments set by some schools.

Such good advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending