The Student Room Group

Liking Older Men

Hello,

I was wondering what like-minded people thought about this issue: There is a rise in younger females dating men significantly older than themselves, I personally have met quite a few.

I also find men older than me (anywhere between 25-45 - depending on a lot of factors) attractive and often find myself swooning of a much older man, rather than interacting with boys my age.

I could bore you with the reasons as to why I'm more attracted to older men, but it's irrelevant to this debate.

All in all, I suppose what I'm curious about is what other young people, such as myself feel about this. I've always felt very awkward about liking older men and I've only opened up to a few of my friends. For me it has always felt unnatural, yet I could never stop myself from crushing on many older guys - which I suppose made the situation all the more enticing. Of course, I adhere greatly to age of consent laws, but I was wondering what people think overall?
Reply 1
I get what u mean. Personally all the boys my age are just messing around acting like dicks. I look at older guys and they are so much more mature and are so much hotter. I guess it’s all about preference like whether you want a long relationship or if ur ok with messing around with some immature monkeys.
Are you over 18 (well aware of laws for 16 and sex) but if you are on then I think you’re free to make your own adult decision about who you want to date.

But would you be on the same maturity level? Same stage in life? He might be ready to have kids whilst you want to travel the world.

Nothing wrong with it really but make sure it’s an attraction to the person and age hasn’t really crossed your mind, they just happen to be older if that makes sense?

My wife is 4 years younger than me. If we met s year before we did, it would have felt wrong as she would be 17 and myself 21!
I’m 18 and personally prefer guys 25 and older because they tend to be more mature :P

I’m not picky on age though, anything from 20 up is fine with me
(edited 5 years ago)
Go ahead if you are over 18. But you can definitely find some that are of a similar age to you that are mature. One of the reasons they are mature is because they have had a whole lot longer experience in life than those that are younger so obviously that has changed them. I would not be surprised if you got with someone who is not as mature as an older person and then by the time they were older they would be more mature.
Reply 5
Girls think the older they are the more mature they get, the have normally had a bad ex and want a sustainable relationship. 18+ is fine as you are an adult but if you talking 14 and 19 that is called exploiting girls who feel like they need to grow up fast and Is influenced on certain aspects of society such as following thier peers
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I was wondering what like-minded people thought about this issue: There is a rise in younger females dating men significantly older than themselves, I personally have met quite a few.

I also find men older than me (anywhere between 25-45 - depending on a lot of factors) attractive and often find myself swooning of a much older man, rather than interacting with boys my age.

I could bore you with the reasons as to why I'm more attracted to older men, but it's irrelevant to this debate.

All in all, I suppose what I'm curious about is what other young people, such as myself feel about this. I've always felt very awkward about liking older men and I've only opened up to a few of my friends. For me it has always felt unnatural, yet I could never stop myself from crushing on many older guys - which I suppose made the situation all the more enticing. Of course, I adhere greatly to age of consent laws, but I was wondering what people think overall?

I like older men, from ages 25 to 35. However, I also agree - it feels unnatural and why don't we like the people around our age? I have a lot of reason's why I like older men more, and the sound of it already attracts myself to them although I think it is mainly the mature factor.
I like women my age and older. I pretty much like all women. Women don’t like me. All around is familiar faces
I've been involved with it myself. It's probably more common than first thought.
My partner is much older than me but it wasn't his age that attracted me to him. He doesn't look or act his age, he just happens to be older.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending