The Student Room Group

Putting middle names on GCSE exams

How many of you put your middle names on your GCSE exams, for OCR they only ask for first name and last name but for AQA it says 'Other name(s)', however I only put my surname in this section instead of any middle names. Does it matter?
Original post by peeked
How many of you put your middle names on your GCSE exams, for OCR they only ask for first name and last name but for AQA it says 'Other name(s)', however I only put my surname in this section instead of any middle names. Does it matter?

For every single exam I put my full name (first, middle and surname). However, I don't think we need to stress because we're all candidate numbers after all which are most important...
Reply 2
Original post by DeadlyInventive
For every single exam I put my full name (first, middle and surname). However, I don't think we need to stress because we're all candidate numbers after all which are most important...

Yeah true the candidate numbers are probably the most important thing
Reply 3
Original post by peeked

Your first name is everything except your surname.
Reply 4
Original post by Joshey
Your first name is everything except your surname.

But I doubt it really matters? My friends only put their first name too
Reply 5
It doesn't matter. 2 years ago the rule was that students should put the name that appears on the attendance register - but some schools enter students just byfirst name and some by all forenames and the boards realized that some names were so long that they didn't fit in the boxes available so jthey relaxed it. Just make sure you put your legal first name (e.g. Daniel rather than Dan) and your surname and it will be fine.
I'm on CCEA and we can't put our names on, just candidate numbers, which is interesting hahaha
Reply 7
Original post by Compost
It doesn't matter. 2 years ago the rule was that students should put the name that appears on the attendance register - but some schools enter students just byfirst name and some by all forenames and the boards realized that some names were so long that they didn't fit in the boxes available so jthey relaxed it. Just make sure you put your legal first name (e.g. Daniel rather than Dan) and your surname and it will be fine.

Okay thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest