Computing: Graded Unit Question (HNC)

Watch this thread
Sylent
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've recently sat my exam and haven't had my results yet but I've got a feeling I may possibly get a C, which is still a pass but an A or a B result is required to progress onto the following HND course.

If I where to get the C how would I go about resitting the exam again? To get a resit you need to fail the exam completely which I'm certain I haven't done.
CrazyCoder
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
If you go by the official SQA rules. You are allowed to resit and attempt to better your grade. Even if you have a C. Challenge your college on this one. colleges keep this rule hidden to reduce marking
CrazyCoder
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Extract from the Graded Unit. Specification for COMPUTING. .covers Software development...networking...computer science....or technical support... year 1 HNC or HND year 1..."Any candidate who has failed their Higher National Examination-based Graded Unit or
wishes to upgrade their award must be given a re-assessment opportunity, or in exceptional
circumstances, two re-assessment opportunities. This must be done by using a substantially
different examination.
The final grading given must reflect the quality of the candidate’s evidence at the time of the
completion of the graded unit. Candidates must be awarded the highest grade achieved,
whether through first sitting or through any re-assessment."- page 3.
Search for this publically available document from SQA.
Computing: Graded Unit 1 Graded Unit code: H1J834 pdf sqa

If your college or centre does not support this then contact SQA. Your future university entrance is at stake. .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads