The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Uni Pre-Medical Year?!?!

Okay so I wanted to study Medicine for a while now and I did a lot of research on my uni options etc etc. However, there was a point in 5th year doing my highers that I just didn't feel like I could achieve the grades or get into university to I explored my other options a lot and highly considered teaching, nursing and police. But now I can't stop thinking about Medicine again and I got moved from higher maths down to national 5 to resit as I didn't do to well after my higher maths prelim and so I am down to 4 highers. Also right now is exam time and i've sat 4 out of 5 of my exams and i'm pretty sure i've failed one. So i've looked at my options for pre medical years in Scotland and as far as I know there's one in Aberdeen, St Andrews and Dundee. I don't think I would get into Dundee as the reason for myself not achieving the grades for medicine isn't due to exceptional circumstances as they would call it and St Andrews I don't think i'd get into either as it's one of the best if not the best uni in Scotland. So my only option really is Aberdeen and I was just wondering if anybody had participated in the pre medical year or know anything about it and what's the likelihood of me getting in if let's say hypothetically (I obviously haven't get exam results yet) lets say 3 B's at higher, none of which are science subjects however I'm willing to do 2 'crashes' 6th year. Also let's say I get 3 A's next year as I'm doing quite simple subjects along with a B if I do a science. Also btw the entry requirements for the pre medical year is AABB over 2 years. As for work experience and extra curricular activities, I haven't really got any but I am going to start getting some over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending