The Student Room Group

Panic attack during an exam??

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous78910
So I have my first a level this week, and I suffer from anxiety and quite often panic attacks. I was just wondering what would happen if I had a panic attack during one of my a levels? My older sister said someone had one when she was doing her English A Level and the invigilator took the girl out the room and got one of her teachers, an English teacher. Surely this wouldn’t be allowed as that teacher could tell you anything?? But anyway, what would happen??

The school, exam officer and invigilators should know.

If it happens you should have an emergency routine to try and calm yourself, such as deep breathing, meditation or relaxation technique. You should have prepared for this.

Each minute in panic will be marks lost, so try and remain focused on chasing marks in the exam and do not let your mind wander.

If you have an attack and you are unable to relax, then let the invigilator know. They may take you out. You need to know if they will let you re-enter the exam.

If you know what to do then you can hopefully control or minimise it if it happens.
If you have a panic attack you can raise your hand and ask for a break. You should let the school know in advance if this is a regular thing so they can be prepared for it perhaps. Maybe the exams officer will already be prepared. But yeah they'll let you take a break and you won't lose out on any exam time. So don't be afraid!!!
Reply 3
just whatever you do DON'T panic
Let the school & invigilators know beforehand and ask what would happen if you had a panic attack.
Try to stay calm if you can!

Quick Reply

Latest