The Student Room Group

WJEC Maths Resit C2 May 23rd 2018

Scroll to see replies

I got x = 5 and p= 220

For finding potential angle of the angle of the triangle I used the sin rule with cast diagram to find the 2 potential values of other unknown angle not given

Then took xyz = 180-17-(other angle)

with the 2 different potential angles to find the potential angles of xyz
Original post by serialhobbyist
I got x = 5 and p= 220

For finding potential angle of the angle of the triangle I used the sin rule with cast diagram to find the 2 potential values of other unknown angle not given

Yeah you and ace are right. For some reason I thought it was a right angle triangle in dumb moment and 28/8(whatever the short side was wouldn't be valid).

Did you use 1/2 x your answer for Q1? Cause of power rule?

Did you also get 10 - sum of radii for your answer?
Mathemateg.com usually has the paper and markscheme up by about 9/10pm on the day of the exam if anyone's looking for it, gotta create an account but it doesn't take long.
Reply 23
I got x = 5 and p= 220

Oh yh it was x=5 got confused with another question there were alot of xs
Yeah I did that for both those questions
Original post by aceplayyt
Oh yh it was x=5 got confused with another question there were alot of xs

Yo i can't remember now wasn't x = 5 another question too?
Mathemateg.com usually has the paper and markscheme up by about 9/10pm on the day of the exam if anyone's looking for it, gotta create an account but it doesn't take long.

Did they do it for C1 as well?
Reply 27
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Yo i can't remember now wasn't x = 5 another question too?

Im sure 5 was for the money question

maybe 8.5 could have been for the triangle
Original post by aceplayyt
Im sure 5 was for the money question

maybe 8.5 could have been for the triangle

Lol idek. I remember it said for the triangle question "show x = 5". I think it's dubious to have x = 5 for back to back questions. I also had P = 220. Although it depends what order you did your simultaneous equations. So I may have messed up x by simple error.

Minor though - still get working out marks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Did they do it for C1 as well?

Yep, it's been up since the day of the exam, website is a bit difficult to navigate but it's up there
Yep, it's been up since the day of the exam, website is a bit difficult to navigate but it's up there

Could you give me a link? I don't speak welsh haha
Nor do I haha, there's an option to change it to English

If your viewing in Welsh, go to lefel a (a level) -> hen gwrs (old course) -> c1 -> click enrol and then go to this link here

https://www.mathemateg.com/mod/resource/view.php?id=3002

For c2 do the same but go to the c2 section and look for the only 2018 paper that'll be up there (likely entitled haf 2018) , it should be up by tomorrow I imagine (it usually is anyway)

If your viewing in Welsh, go to lefel a (a level) -> hen gwrs (old course) -> c1 -> click enrol and then go to this link here

For c2 do the same but go to the c2 section and look for the only 2018 paper that'll be up there (likely entitled haf 2018) , it should be up by tomorrow I imagine (it usually is anyway)

Ah thank you very much :smile:

This guy's trapezium is amazing lol - mine in the exam was so bad I almost put down rhombus
(edited 5 years ago)
Ah thank you very much :smile:

This guy's trapezium is amazing lol - mine in the exam was so bad I almost put down rhombus

Mine was also very bad...so bad that I did put rhombus hahaha

I dont see the C1 Summer 2018 paper. I have already created a login from last year.
Original post by rajivjaggernath
I dont see the C1 Summer 2018 paper. I have already created a login from last year.

https://www.mathemateg.com/pluginfile.php/26211/mod_resource/content/1/Atebion%20C1%20Haf%202018.pdf

Found it thanks!

Can you provide the link for the C2 paper, once it has been posted?
Original post by rajivjaggernath
Found it thanks!

Can you provide the link for the C2 paper, once it has been posted?

I'll try - I don't think it's been posted yet
Hi guys, the mark scheme is on Mathemateg...

I counted up my marks looking around 70/75 what are we thinking the grade boundaries are going to be looking like?😁
I'll try - I don't think it's been posted yet

It's up now

https://www.mathemateg.com/mod/resource/view.php?id=3005

Quick Reply

Latest