The Student Room Group

Not happy with her, not happy without her?

So i'm writing this post because I'm at a loss for what to do. As you can see from the title, it seems I wasn't happy with my girlfriend, but now I'm realising i'm not happy without her either.

Basically the relationship lasted for about 2 years, but for at least the last 6 or so months I was getting gradually more unhappy within it. Eventually, I got the guts to break it off with her, and it was really hard, she didn't want to.

For the next month or so after breaking up, she was texting me almost every day, often several times a day about wanting to get back together or fixing things, but I was very content and sure I'd made the right decision.

Now another month has passed, and yesterday I found myself thinking about her, but this time I realised I missed her. I tried to dismiss the feeling and shake it off, but today the thoughts came back again.

I just don't understand, in the end I was miserable in the relationship, but now it seems like I'm unhappy without her aswell, so what on earth am I supposed to do?

Also worth noting is this isn't the first time- I've been with her before and broke up with her because I was unhappy, but after 6 months we gave it another try, and 2 years later here we are. The first time was the same- I got back with her because once again I was unhappy after the first breakup, but I was also unhappy while I was with her? Seems like an impossible situation, any insight would be appreciated.
What was the reason for you being unhappy in the relationship both times?
Lol this is normal man, you always want what you cant have and get tired easily of what you do have.

Go out snag some ladies and see if after a couple causual girls you still really feel the same.

Only then give her a shout.
Sammittch, your whole outlook on life is too negative.

Change your mindset to: happy with her. Happy without her.

Don't go back to her. At least not yet. Not until you've had at least 2 other girlfriends.
When it comes to continuing a relationship with anyone: if in doubt leave it out.

Quick Reply

Latest