Turn on thread page Beta

Fasting Muslims: Does your routine change when you fast? watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine personally is a little bit backwards.

I get up and go to school as normal, but a roughly 3:00 when I get back, I go to bed. I usually sleep until 6:30 or 7:00. Then I come downstairs talk to my family and whatever and do my homework and read.

Then when it's time to open my fast I eat (duh) and then just stay up at night studying until roughly 3:00am then go to bed again.

Also, for some weird reason, I still have loads of energy at school even though I'm not eating. I can't explain it, maybe it's the sleep that's paying off, I don't know.

Just out of curiosity does your routine change when you fast?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Moved to Faith and Spirituality

ReputationRep:
    A levels and fasting is not a good combo haha, I usually get up at 4 if I have exams or 6 if I don't, go to school, come back for 20:00 (stayed after college in the library to revise) then eat iftar at around 21, sleep until 2 then have sohoor and I'd sleep if I didn't have an exam but lately I stay up to revise and don't sleep tbh. Sleep pattern is so messed up lol
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Because I left work, I can afford to have a flexible routine. I stay in bed from around 5AM to 2PM (give or a take a couple of hours), and I read/annoy Atheists on TSR/do random things between Dhuhr and Maghrib

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laraelbeezra)
    A levels and fasting is not a good combo haha, I usually get up at 4 if I have exams or 6 if I don't, go to school, come back for 20:00 (stayed after college in the library to revise) then eat iftar at around 21, sleep until 2 then have sohoor and I'd sleep if I didn't have an exam but lately I stay up to revise and don't sleep tbh. Sleep pattern is so messed up lol
    It must be so hard with A-Level, well done for trying though!

I heard the work load is massive, for A-Level, however, keep trying and Allah will help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Because I left work, I can afford to have a flexible routine. I stay in bed from around 5AM to 2PM (give or a take a couple of hours), and I read/annoy Atheists on TSR/do random things between Dhuhr and Maghrib
    I usually just read books, or go in the group chat I have with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cod3tte)
    I usually just read books, or go in the group chat I have with my friends.
    I wish I could do that too but I cannot focus when I am really really hungry

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could do that too but I cannot focus when I am really really hungry
    I can't explain why I have a lot of energy.

Yesterday I spent 3 hours washing cars with my friends, running around chasing one with a sponge because he splashed me with water. It was fun

ReputationRep:
    Not so much tbh. The difference probs is that on a normal day I wouldn’t sleep during the day but when I’m fasting sometimes I’ll sleep for like an hour or two.

ReputationRep:
    I can't explain why I have a lot of energy.

Yesterday I spent 3 hours washing cars with my friends, running around chasing one with a sponge because he splashed me with water. It was fun
    You probably have that much energy because of your youth; I am a frail old-timer who struggles to get out of bed without help...

I hate being 23

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Not so much tbh. The difference probs is that on a normal day I wouldn’t sleep during the day but when I’m fasting sometimes I’ll sleep for like an hour or two.
    Yeah, I just go home get into my PJs and go to bed and wake up a few hours later.

ReputationRep:
    You probably have that much energy because of your youth; I am a frail old-timer who struggles to get out of bed without help...

I hate being 23
    23 isn't old.

And believe me I'm weak too, one thing I struggled to do was lift the buckets with water, I did it once and spilt half the bucket, I was struggling so badly.

ReputationRep:
    Yes .. kind of
    Since it's ramadan my school schedules have changed, as I'm from a Muslim country. This makes things a lot easier tbh.
    Usually we have school/ classes for 3-4 hrs during ramadan but this year we had our semester exams this week and soon our mid break will be aproaching so we will not have to go most of the days.

And yes my daily routine does change during ramadan when I'm fasting. My sleep schedule is very messed up rn but it's alright i guess.😊

How has ramadan been going for y'all so far?❤

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luha_)
    Yes .. kind of
    Since it's ramadan my school schedules have changed, as I'm from a Muslim country. This makes things a lot easier tbh.
    Usually we have school/ classes for 3-4 hrs during ramadan but this year we had our semester exams this week and soon our mid break will be aproaching so we will not have to go most of the days.

And yes my daily routine does change during ramadan when I'm fasting. My sleep schedule is very messed up rn but it's alright i guess.😊

How has ramadan been going for y'all so far?❤
    It's been good.

My days a little backwards but good

ReputationRep:
    Considering I break the fast pretty late around 9pm over here, I stay up until sahur (2am) sometimes 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icequeenTM)
    Considering I break the fast pretty late around 9pm over here, I stay up until sahur (2am) sometimes 😭
    Which country do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    23 isn't old.

And believe me I'm weak too, one thing I struggled to do was lift the buckets with water, I did it once and spilt half the bucket, I was struggling so badly.
    When you reach my age you will feel it, trust me

Wasn't it tempting to just drink it though... all that water :coma:

ReputationRep:
    When you reach my age you will feel it, trust me

Wasn't it tempting to just drink it though... all that water :coma:
    Ew! No! I was soapy and had bits of bird poo in it and dead flies by the time we'd finished. One teachers car had moss growing out of it actual moss! It was disgusting!

And away I got splashed twice and a sponge thrown at me by that same kid. I was too slow lol.

ReputationRep:
    Mine personally is a little bit backwards.

I get up and go to school as normal, but a roughly 3:00 when I get back, I go to bed. I usually sleep until 6:30 or 7:00. Then I come downstairs talk to my family and whatever and do my homework and read.

Then when it's time to open my fast I eat (duh) and then just stay up at night studying until roughly 3:00am then go to bed again.

Also, for some weird reason, I still have loads of energy at school even though I'm not eating. I can't explain it, maybe it's the sleep that's paying off, I don't know.

Just out of curiosity does your routine change when you fast?
    Yeh it is kinda hard
    But you get taught to live your day around your religion and try not to fit religion in to your day, if you get what I mean
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.