The Student Room Group

AQA PHYSICs GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone x iv done like 0 revision pray for me :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are your predicted grades ans what do you think grade boundaries will be?

I’m predicted a 9

I think it will be 80/100 for a 9

Tukka akh
Original post by bilalsheraz7
What are your predicted grades ans what do you think grade boundaries will be?

I’m predicted a 9

I think it will be 80/100 for a 9

Tukka akh

I hope... want an 8 but hoping boundaries will be low
Reply 3
Original post by harmankaur17
I hope... want an 8 but hoping boundaries will be low

What you think grade boundary will be you bloody nice very good

Tukka ake
Reply 4
Everyday I thank those of you who never revise for allowing the grade boundaries to stay so low <3
What you think grade boundary will be you bloody nice very good

Tukka ake

Probably 90+ for a 9 tbf.. all my mocks in school I got 98 or 99 and that was the only reason I got a 9
As a teacher of AQA physics I predict

78% 8
89% 9

Need any help or any specific questions just ask

Good luck
Reply 7
Original post by Lambert87

78% 8
89% 9

Good luck

Why is it dangerous when a switch is open to come in contact with a live wire? (3 marks)
Why is it dangerous when a switch is open to come in contact with a live wire? (3 marks)

Just remember that even when a switch is open is open there is still a connection between the live and the earth. That would get you one mark. Then talk about the dangers of touching any live wire (marks 2 and 3)

When the switch is open there isn’t a current flowing but there’s still a pd in the live wire. If you made contact with the live wire your body would provide a link between the supply and the earth so the current would flow through you.
Just remember that even when a switch is open is open there is still a connection between the live and the earth. That would get you one mark. Then talk about the dangers of touching any live wire (marks 2 and 3)

Tbh it’s just

1. Body is at 0v and the live wire is at 230v
2. If contact is made, body provides a low resistance path link between the earth and supply
3. So current flows through your body which can injure/kill you

Would that be 1/3 or 0/3?
Tbh it’s just

2. If contact is made, body provides a low resistance path link between the earth and supply

My teacher said tbat this answer is definitely 0/3 for that question :frown:
Tbh it’s just

That’s a 1 mark answer, as you have correctly stated that the current will pass through a person’s body as in effect your acting as an earth

You need to say that although the switch is closed, there is still a connection between earth and live
Most likely the grade boundaries will be low since were the first year,my teacher predicted you need around in the 30s on every paper to get a band 6.
That’s a 1 mark answer, as you have correctly stated that the current will pass through a person’s body as in effect your acting as an earth

You need to say that although the switch is closed, there is still a connection between earth and live

Why would I need to mention if the switch is closed when the question specifically asks why is it dangerous if the SWITCH IS OPEN?!?!

And I said there’s a connection between earth and supply (which implies live) so I’m right.

Tukka dangar honestly...

Also I lied, my teacher gave me 3/3 lol so ur a pretty bad teacher🤦🏿*♂️🤦🏿*♂️ No wonder grade boundaries r so low when we have people like u teaching our course, I’m pretty sure my knowledge of spec is deeper than urs

UR AN AKE

Also I lied, my teacher gave me 3/3 lol so ur a pretty bad teacher🤦🏿*♂️🤦🏿*♂️ No wonder grade boundaries r so low when we have people like u teaching our course, I’m pretty sure my knowledge of spec is deeper than urs

UR AN AKE

78% 8
89% 9

Good luck

mm do we have to calculate resistance, current and pot dif in parallel or do we just need to know how it works
shatap blud
Original post by bubble15
Good luck everyone x iv done like 0 revision pray for me :smile:

shatap bruv you are going to fail because you did not revise mate

Quick Reply

Latest