roadrunner98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
When the temperature of a resistor increase, does the resistance increase because the positive metal ions are vibrating more which means more electrons are colliding into them
jennifugh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know but sounds right
roadrunner98
Rep:
?
Also, nuclear radiation. I'm confused which type of nuclear radiation is the most dangerous. Is alpha the most dangerous if it gets inside your body whilst beta is the most dangerous outside your body
baffed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by roadrunner98)
Also, nuclear radiation. I'm confused which type of nuclear radiation is the most dangerous. Is alpha the most dangerous if it gets inside your body whilst beta is the most dangerous outside your body
Alpha is the most ionising so it is the most dangerous inside the body and gamma is the most penetrating so it is the most dangerous outside the body
username3988142
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Resistance causes temperature to increase yes. As the electrons flow, they cause frequent collisions in the positive lattice structure in the resistor. More collision between ions disallows electric current to pass
roadrunner98
Rep:
?
(Original post by baffed)
Alpha is the most ionising so it is the most dangerous inside the body and gamma is the most penetrating so it is the most dangerous outside the body
(Original post by DenzoBenzo)
Resistance causes temperature to increase yes. As the electrons flow, they cause frequent collisions in the positive lattice structure in the resistor. More collision between ions disallows electric current to pass
Thank you for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.1%
I'm not sure (27)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (190)
31.51%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.16%
I'm not a current university student (288)
47.76%

Watched Threads