The Student Room Group

First time in this situation.

This week I was meant to be on my period but something didn’t feel right so I went and get the pregnancy test and it came out positive twice. I was talking to my boyfriend last night just having General conversation but I couldn’t tell him that I was pregnant.

I have already made up mind from last night ( I know I am going to get a lot of hate about this decision) that I will have abortion ( the quicker the better for me and him) I have my whole life ahead of me I am studying at uni have job and doing small projects to boost my employment prospects.

I don’t know how to tell him that I am pregnant having abortion and how he going to react. I have feeling he knows something but he waiting for me to say it.

PS: if this information does help anyone I am 4-5 weeks pregnant.
Original post by Anonymous
This week I was meant to be on my period but something didn’t feel right so I went and get the pregnancy test and it came out positive twice. I was talking to my boyfriend last night just having General conversation but I couldn’t tell him that I was pregnant.

I have already made up mind from last night ( I know I am going to get a lot of hate about this decision) that I will have abortion ( the quicker the better for me and him) I have my whole life ahead of me I am studying at uni have job and doing small projects to boost my employment prospects.

I don’t know how to tell him that I am pregnant having abortion and how he going to react. I have feeling he knows something but he waiting for me to say it.

PS: if this information does help anyone I am 4-5 weeks pregnant.

There's no easy way to tell him, just say "I have something important to tell you. I'm pregnant and have decided to have an abortion because I think its the best thing to do". Hopefully he agrees and supports you through it. If he doesn't agree then it becomes harder but it is still your choice and you should still go through with your plan.

Please also see your GP to have them confirm the pregnancy too.

I hope it goes well.
Original post by venz_93
What would be the best way to communicate this surprise news to him? I would have to face him eventually

I still feel not telling him would be better off.

Thanks for the advice.

You communicate the news the way I suggested. If I was him I would want to know a child of mine existed even for a brief time.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
You communicate the news the way I suggested. If I was him I would want to know a child of mine existed even for a brief time.

I will tell him when I see him face to face that would be the best way to communicate this news to him.
Original post by Anonymous
I will tell him when I see him face to face that would be the best way to communicate this news to him.

Yes it would be. Good luck.

Quick Reply