The Student Room Group

My foreign girlfriend wants us to settle down in her country.

My long-term girlfriend is from Southeast Asia and whenever we talk about settling down, she always insists that we should live in her country. I certainly do not like that. I wish to live and raise my own family in the place where I was born in. Now I’m reconsidering the idea of having a foreign bride. How can I convince my gf to stay where I am at?
Try discussing this with her, make sure that she knows what you want but also ask her why she wants you to move out to live with her. If you really can't come to a conclusion then maybe reconsider your relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by zachary1982
My long-term girlfriend is from Southeast Asia and whenever we talk about settling down, she always insists that we should live in her country. I certainly do not like that. I wish to live and raise my own family in the place where I was born in. Now I’m reconsidering the idea of having a foreign bride. How can I convince my gf to stay where I am at?

She wants the same thing.
Reply 3
Original post by serpent666
Try discussing this with her, make sure that she knows what you want but also ask her why she wants you to move out to live with her. If you really can't come to a conclusion then maybe reconsider your relationship.

I'm planning to see her in person and talk about this more. I hope she will understand my side, if not, then I might reconsider any relationship.
Where in Asia exactly?
I completely relate to this situation. Thinking of settling down in the future can be difficult when one wants to stay in their country and your partner wants to go back to our stay in their country. Like another poster mentioned here, you should talk to her and see what she wants exactly and then tell her what you want. This can be the make or break of your guys's relationship. Also you maybe a trip to her home country wouldn't be such a bad idea. I think it's always best to give things a try or at least get to know the place before making a judgement or decision.
Original post by zachary1982

Cheesus, you butter pack your bags and get mooooving, either to southeast Asia or to another woman.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending