The Student Room Group

edexcel C2 23rd May 2018 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Was 1b to 2dp or 3?
Reply 501
448kx ? Q2?
wasn’t question 6C , 12824, taking in account the minus signs?
Original post by Psychology109
Check on your calculator : 19000(1-(-0.9)^12) / 1-(-0.9)) = 7175.704635 = 7176 (nearest integer). It's not the signs that are wrong

so what answer is correct?
Does anyone know if you get marked down for using maths from other modules? Because on one of the questions I used C3 differentiation to differentiate the equation of a circle including both x and y values? Whereas in C2 we’re only supposed to know how to differentiate one variable eg x?
Original post by Emily12345!?
Does anyone know if you get marked down for using maths from other modules? Because on one of the questions I used C3 differentiation to differentiate the equation of a circle including both x and y values? Whereas in C2 we’re only supposed to know how to differentiate one variable eg x?

Oh wait misread that... (edited)

for the circle question, you had to find the gradient from centre c to the point on tangent to circle... then recipricol of -1/m... to get gradient tangent. If thats the question you were asking.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 506
If you need to check any questions/methods/answers, I've posted the questions and my methods/solutions for the entire paper here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5385488

Hope it's somewhat helpful...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JayX0
You’ll get marked down, as C2 is AS not A2 which A2 is C3/C4... for that question you wouldve had to add the powers (c1-indices) as its multiplying one variable which is x.

Ah **** how many marks was the question and how many will I get?
Reply 508
how many marks for 8ii ?
Original post by Emily12345!?
Ah **** how many marks was the question and how many will I get?

I misread your text 🤦🏻*♂️ (sorry!!), you wanted to find out the graduent right? You might get a couple marks if you found out the gradient and found out the equation of the tangent.

Edit: But yeah, same applies tho as A2 for A2 and AS peeps wouldnt have learnt C3 differentiation.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JayX0
I misread your text 🤦🏻*♂️ (sorry!!), you wanted to find out the graduent right? You might get a couple marks if you found out the gradient and found out the equation of the tangent.

Edit: But yeah, same applies tho as A2 for A2 and AS peeps wouldnt have learnt C3 differentiation.

Yeh I thought that would happen but I couldn’t think of how else to work it out...makes sense now to use the circle centre :frown: o well!
Reply 511
Original post by nokon
how many marks for 8ii ?

5 marks :smile:
What is 68 marks in UMS ish?
Reply 513
Will anyone have the actual paper to upload with the answers to the questions?
Could someone please remind me what question one was?
Original post by Misaq

Best I can do is some worked solutions - at the moment uploading them isn't working. Will get them up as soon as I can.
Reply 516
Original post by Misaq

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5385488

this isn't the official paper, but this post contains all of the questions on the paper with methods and solutions. I hope it could be a good alternative for now...
Reply 517
Original post by AxSirlotl
Could someone please remind me what question one was?

1a) Fill in table to find missing values of y when y = [(x+2)^1.5]/4 (1 mark)

1b) Use the trapezium rule to find approximation of R to 3 decimal places (4 marks)
Does anyone know the mark allocation for each question?
Original post by RiRi_97
They will be lower

How do you know, they were 67/75 for an A in 2006 and around that time (2005, 2007) they were usually lower than what they are now (62-65), and this year only year 13 done it.

And an M1 paper recently (one of the last few years, i dont rememeber) was like 70/75 or 71/75 for an A (not A*) so it is possible for them to make the A boundary around 67 or 68 marks for this exam.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending