Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's a 24 hour famine thing this weekend...

www.24hourfamine.org.uk

Anyone else doing it?

I should be on Friday
    Even if it is Chip Butty Day at school :p:

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's a fast? Famine is too strong of a word

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...fine%3a+famine

ReputationRep:
    I'm Just Using The Same Words As Them
    Lol :p:

But I suppose it is yehhh...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I did that for a few years when I was at school - I didn't realise they still did it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite waiting for some pious old bugger to wander in and say that he's been fasting during the day for the whole length of Lent.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds interesting. My mum would kick me up the backside for trying it though, she would just think I am becoming anorexic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaper23)
    Sounds interesting. My mum would kick me up the backside for trying it though, she would just think I am becoming anorexic...
    Same lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieKellogg)
    There's a 24 hour famine thing this weekend...

www.24hourfamine.org.uk

Anyone else doing it?

I should be on Friday
    Even if it is Chip Butty Day at school :p:
    I regularly fast, sometimes for three days at a time, but I would not fast for this cause.

Those third world countries have been begging for everything under the sun since they stayed in the stone age and other countries developed. It doesn't matter what they are provided with, they simply do not help themselves. It's impossible to believe that these countries receive millions of pounds of charity money and there is nothing but slums to show for it, frankly there is a major cause for charity and it starts at home.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.