The Student Room Group

I ran a red light.

It was the most irresponsible thing. There is one set on the left, to turn left on a huge box junction. As it is an area I haven't drove in a lot I didn't know this.

Although, the traffic light on the right was red, I started to drive ever so slowly and hesitates as there were cars crossing. So I reversed back as no one was behind me.

It was a pedestrian crossing, but looks like it is more on a timer but has a button.

My main priority was checking that no pedestrians.

I have my dashcam footage, it just shows the area of close to where I live. Although I am willing to show anyone if they think they know.

I live in Essex.
Most of the traffic light camera's are not switched on anyway.
uh oh, the pigs might rape u
Original post by OllieJack
uh oh, the pigs might rape u

Don't joke about rape.
Original post by Joanna_Plater
Don't joke about rape.

don't get triggered,
Original post by jasmineblue
There is one set on the left, to turn left on a huge box junction. As it is an area I haven't drove in a lot I didn't know this.

Although, the traffic light on the right was red, I started to drive ever so slowly and hesitates as there were cars crossing. So I reversed back as no one was behind me.

When you get to a junction identify which light is relevant to you and concentrate on that one. If you can, work out what the sequence of movement is (eg traffic from right, traffic from left, traffic going straight) and anticipate when you think you're about to get green.

From your post it isn't clear why you thought you could move off if you knew your light was red. Don't do it next time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending