The Student Room Group

Don't want to message her too much

Over the weekend I finally got the number of this girl that I've liked for ages and over the last few days we have been messaging each other. And personally I would say it's been going pretty well, she hasn't been giving me short replies in some instances I've been getting paragraph replies so I don't get the impression I'm bothering her.

The only thing is I don't want to come across as needy. I purposefully won't always reply to a text straight away in case it gives her the impression I am waiting for her to text me. Also I don't want to keep messaging her every day in case it makes her think I've got nothing better to do.

What is the best thing for me to do in this scenario?
Reply 1
The issue is that you don't have enough things in your life to do.

What you want to do: Purposely wait to reply to the girl because you don't want to come off as needy.
What you should do: Fill your life with activities so you don't have to wait. Go play a video game, read a book, go to the gym or something.

There's no need to play texting games if you have a life.
Just be yourself! If it's going well then keep doing what you are doing. I wouldn't actively try to leave time before you text her.
If the conversation dies down perhaps wait?
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
The issue is that you don't have enough things in your life to do.

What you want to do: Purposely wait to reply to the girl because you don't want to come off as needy.
What you should do: Fill your life with activities so you don't have to wait. Go play a video game, read a book, go to the gym or something.

There's no need to play texting games if you have a life.

I'm not playing games, and I'm not waiting for her to reply. I do keep myself active with work, going to the gym, taking the dog for a walk etc but the problem is she only seems to reply when I actually have my phone on me. That's why I leave it a few minutes before replying.

Quick Reply

Latest