The Student Room Group

I lost all my physics notes in a taxi :(

All that hard work, sacrificing homework and social time......

The ****ing taxi firm is a load of ****

One of the operators said I have to email the lost property department and there's nothing she could do about it, even though, when I phoned earlier, the other operator tried to phone the taxi driver and told me to ring later.

I'm so annoyed and I cba to do it again :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Δa/Δt
All that hard work, sacrificing homework and social time......

The ****ing taxi firm is a load of ****

One of the operators said I have to email the lost property department and there's nothing she could do about it, even though, when I phoned earlier, the other operator tried to phone the taxi driver and told me to ring later.

I'm so annoyed and I cba to do it again :frown:

Get a CGP textbook and read over it - no big deal imo
Reply 2
Original post by Kyber Ninja

Is that how you revise?
Is that how you revise?

Yes, admittedly I can understand why you would be gutted if you didn't enjoy revision that way.

But yeah, get the CGP textbook for your exam board - read over it and make concise notes if you want and do past papers
Reply 4

I heard that it is an ineffective way of learning. Plus, my chemistry and physics don't have cgp textbooks, just revision guides.

Revision guides don't have all the afcts in.

My notes compiled all my lesson notes with other sources.

ANYONE who is reading this should ALWAYS back their notes up digitally via photocopying or photographing etc.

It depends how they revise though
Original post by SupremeJ
It depends how they revise though

Ye fe, I posted it after - you probably just missed it
I heard that it is an ineffective way of learning. Plus, my chemistry and physics don't have cgp textbooks, just revision guides.

Revision guides don't have all the afcts in.

My notes compiled all my lesson notes with other sources.

ANYONE who is reading this should ALWAYS back their notes up digitally via photocopying or photographing etc.

I revised that way and got A*A* in A Level Bio and Chem? Idk about physics, but I use revision guides then do past papers for maths and get A*/A on papers too?

Each to their own I guess

That's actually how I revise. I ended up making notes for the past two years, however I just read the textbook as my revision method. I think it was the act of making the notes (elaborative learning) which forced me to understand the concepts in the first place. Now I just have to recap it. The thing is I find with my notes is that I would miss out bits of information to make it quicker and easier to read later, however I think that is a disadvantage since reading I can just skim over and have all the information available to me at once. Just my two cents. Side note: I do my notes digitally on my laptop so that if I leave my laptop in a taxi I will have it backed up on the cloud. Also it's easier to manage then having a bunch of binders and scrap paper everywhere.
Reply 9
Original post by MorningYou
That's actually how I revise. I ended up making notes for the past two years, however I just read the textbook as my revision method. I think it was the act of making the notes (elaborative learning) which forced me to understand the concepts in the first place. Now I just have to recap it. The thing is I find with my notes is that I would miss out bits of information to make it quicker and easier to read later, however I think that is a disadvantage since reading I can just skim over and have all the information available to me at once. Just my two cents. Side note: I do my notes digitally on my laptop so that if I leave my laptop in a taxi I will have it backed up on the cloud. Also it's easier to manage then having a bunch of binders and scrap paper everywhere.

I revised that way and got A*A* in A Level Bio and Chem? Idk about physics, but I use revision guides then do past papers for maths and get A*/A on papers too?

Each to their own I guess

Would you guys call yourselves naturally gifted?

Would this be good in terms of saving time?

Can you write down a simple revision algorithm/procedure you followed so I can use it?
Original post by MorningYou

I don't follow - do you make notes or use revision guides?

Which is better? Is it worth making those notes again or should I use @Kyber Ninja s method?
Would you guys call yourselves naturally gifted?

Would this be good in terms of saving time?

Can you write down a simple revision algorithm/procedure you followed so I can use it?

My GCSE grades were 7A* 1A 2B and my A Levels were 3A* and a B. I work hard AND efficiently.

Read over every chapter. In your Head, answer every question exercise, including stretch and challenge if there is one. Do past papers after to consolidate. I usually read the whole unit in one day and do a past paper after and that's my revision for the day.
My GCSE grades were 7A* 1A 2B and my A Levels were 3A* and a B. I work hard AND efficiently.

Read over every chapter. In your Head, answer every question exercise, including stretch and challenge if there is one. Do past papers after to consolidate. I usually read the whole unit in one day and do a past paper after and that's my revision for the day.

Did you use revision guides or revision textbooks?

My non-CGP textbooks (the only textbooks I have) have many mistakes in! One of the physics A2 textbooks has a FUNDAMENTAL error in particle physics facts and it describes, in the AS textbook, that an interference pattern is a standing wave!

How can I trust a textbook?
I don't follow - do you make notes or use revision guides?

Which is better? Is it worth making those notes again or should I use @Kyber Ninja s method?

Okay, so I made the goal to keep up my notes for psychology A level, I'm sitting the exam in like a week or 2, so your prayers would help :smile: But I made my notes for almost every topic using 4 textbooks. It helped me understand the topics, however with computing I didn't make proper notes, I just read the textbook. Either way I think the end goal is to understand the topics. I do past papers as well. I also do past papers and when I get stuck on a topic I look it up on the textbook or online. As I said, I think the end goal is to make sure I understand it. His method is basically the same as mine, notes just help aid it in the process, however I don't always make notes, e.g. maths and computer science.
Did you use revision guides or revision textbooks?

My non-CGP textbooks (the only textbooks I have) have many mistakes in! One of the physics A2 textbooks has a FUNDAMENTAL error in particle physics facts and it describes, in the AS textbook, that an interference pattern is a standing wave!

How can I trust a textbook?

What exam board do you do? Pls don't say WJEC?
What exam board do you do? Pls don't say WJEC?

What's a WJEC?

I do Edexcel Physics, OCR B (Salters) Chemistry (lucky old me) and Edexcel Mathematics.
What's a WJEC?

I do Edexcel Physics, OCR B (Salters) Chemistry (lucky old me) and Edexcel Mathematics.

Oh. It's an exam board - rather bs one

Try and find the best revision guide for your board on amazon then

Good luck with salters, heard it's hard as hell
lol bad luck
Original post by RedGiant
lol bad luck

You don't need revision notes m8, grab yourself a CGP revision guide and you'll be set. Aren't most AS exams finishing this week though? Either way it shouldn't matter much, as long as you've been working hard all year, just do some practice questions and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply