The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined science Physics trilogy 23rd May 2018 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shidskdh
Q2) why do all elements have the same positive charge as other atoms of that element?

I put because atoms of the same element all have the same amount of protons, so therefore the same positive charge as each other because protons are positively charged. Anyone else put that?? Not sure if it’s enough to get the 3 marks

the number of protons cancel out the number of electrons leaving the neutral neutrons
Original post by Dil007
Sorry I don't remember the question numbers.

A few answers I got were:

25000J
30 Coulombs for the second last 6 mark question.
19.1°C for the temperature after 30 minutes.
Uncertainty was 80 kg

U forgot to divide by 2 for uncertainty
Original post by ibbyakram16
what does 15mj mean

Mega Joules, one million joules.
what did u get for the 25% one I got 0.75×80=60 mind is that right
For the half life question i got the year 2106
Reply 45
Original post by lukeharris1505
Also what did you guys get for the 6 marker to find charge?

Original post by ibbyakram16
the practical question was easy was about density
you menna say
put the object on the balance and weigh it
then put it in a eureka can filled with water and place a measuring cylinder next to it the volume of the object is in the measuring cylinder plug the mass and volume into density equation and find out the density

how many marks do u think is that out of 6

did you have to talk about the resolution of the measuring cylinder and control variables to kept the test fair
I got 2.25 for the atmospheric question.
Reply 48
uncertainty was 40 right?
it can't be it has to be between 1986 and 2016 for the half life it was 137÷2 loads of time until u get 1/32 then you would count the number of times u divided it
Original post by AT-2001
The charge question was 60C, the question gave you the power and resistance for one of the lamps, you had to work out the current (which was 0.5A) and then multiply by 2 because there were 2 lamps, then you had to multiply it by the time (60s) which gave you the final answer of 60C.

think that's correct
30 for charge but I realised at the end it was 60 as it is in parallel so total current = I(1) +I(2)
The last six marker was LDR and as light intensity increased the current increased and the voltage decreased
Original post by Sunshine713
FINALY someone that used that formula. I got worried that I was the only one

What other formula are you going to use, you can't use any others, you can't use P=VI, the only other one is P=V²/R but that would be a very long method because you would have to use more than one formula to calculate the current.
Original post by tyryer
uncertainty was 40 right?

how did u do it
Yeh 40 was the uncertainty question
Original post by Minglee16
30 for charge but I realised at the end it was 60 as it is in parallel so total current = I(1) +I(2)
The last six marker was LDR and as light intensity increased the current increased and the voltage decreased

Did the question have a diagram?
Reply 56
Original post by fishtosea
I got 30 for charge, you had to use the two equations “power = current^2 x resistance” and “charge = current x time” and rearrange them or whatever. Could someone explain the uncertainty question please? Just guessed it

you find the range of the values which was 80 and then divide by 2 which gave u 40 for the uncertainty
I didn't talk about the control variables for the measuring cylinder
Original post by tyryer
you find the range of the values which was 80 and then divide by 2 which gave u 40 for the uncertainty

wasn't the range 160 and then you divide by 2 to get 80
Original post by Iahmed512
Did the question have a diagram?

The question before it did, it was related to that question. There was a parallel circuit with a cell and two lamps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending