The Student Room Group

AQA Triple Science Physics 23rd May 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

For the power and half wind question, I put the power output would decrease because there's a lower amount of kinetic energy transferred in a given time? Would I pick up any marks? Thanks guys
Original post by harry280502
i put that hope its right

percentage increase, 9.5 to 11 = 15% increase, i put 115 but ill get a mark still
Original post by my life is a lie
what did y'all write for the power output being directly proportional to ke of air particles and what happens if wind speeds halves? idk something like that

Power output is 1/4 because ke=1/2mv^2
Original post by char_2002
yes i put that!!

chemical store of man ---> kinetic of bike
I said it would half too
Original post by Jannah1234
oh is said half
Grade boundary predictions for 7/8/9 anyone?
Original post by Portal12
for the nuclear fuel i just put uranium

I put plutonium
Original post by 5000yellow
Wow this is making me feel worse lmao.

Honestly though. The equations were ass, think i scraped marks on them though. Do you have to name the equation before answering to get all 3 marks?

Also, did anyone get electrons are passed to the sock and the electrons jump which causes the shock?

legit, I was confident when i walked out, but I'm confident ive failed now
Original post by jsjsjsjs333
I said it would quarter

I put that it would half
Original post by Goldfish4343
I said the wire could get hot which could burn you if you touch it.

I said to open the switch when they change the wire length to avoid electrocution
what was the reason for the increase in internal energy of the air when the tyre was inflated?
I said it would half too

good good
did you work it out or guess?
i actually put values in and worked it out like direct proportion in maths
anyone talk me through how they got 7-5 for the last question?
I rearranged the formula to get sqrt(2ke/m) but i still got the wrong answer, something like 0.2
Original post by sbalfe16
percentage increase, 9.5 to 11 = 15% increase, i put 115 but ill get a mark still

i put from 9 to 12 which is 33.3
Original post by sbalfe16

I somehow got 50% and didn’t use the graph. Was that a 3 marker?
You forgot to square root the final answer to get it in m/s and not m/s^2
Original post by janejones659
Um...anyone get 28.2 m/s for the last question?
0.12 on specific heat capacity, 14/15% ong speed change (I got a3.63 to be precise), 7.2 apparently on the last question.
Original post by m.aurelius
what was the reason for the increase in internal energy of the air when the tyre was inflated?

Internal energy is total kinetic and potential energy of all particles in substance
Increasing pressure causes particles to move faster and hit walls more often, they gain kinetic energy
Therefore internal energy increases.
I put it doesn't release carbon dioxide, it's cheaper and doesn't have to be extracted

Its not cheaper is it as tit cost more to contruct and dismantle?
I said that the friction caused the electrons to be transferred from the carpet to the sock, so the boy is negatively charged.

Then for the shock question, I said there was a large enough potential difference so that the electrons were able to jump across the 'gap' to the tap (a metal earthed conductor). The spark was caused by the rush of electrons.

Not sure if any of what I've just said is right though!!

Original post by 5000yellow
Wow this is making me feel worse lmao.

Honestly though. The equations were ass, think i scraped marks on them though. Do you have to name the equation before answering to get all 3 marks?

Also, did anyone get electrons are passed to the sock and the electrons jump which causes the shock?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending