The Student Room Group

AQA Triple Science Physics 23rd May 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noname900
Can someone confidently tell me what they got for the crocodile clip and pen-looking thing, on the 2 mark tick box question?

I am almost pretty sure that the resolution was better as jockey is thinner
Original post by Xxxxxxooo
I feel the exact same!!! But I think the question wasn't really clear enough in my opinion. Hopefully we will get the marks!:s-smilie:

I agree the question wasn't clear however it was three marks and I think the mark scheme will be:
-the correct ammeter symbol
-the correct voltmeter symbol
-drawing the voltmeter in parallel to the wire

I dont think it will specify if you had to redraw it or not so I wouldn't worry as long as it's clear what you meant
Original post by 13hchan
I had uranium but changed to fossil fuels :frown:

Same😂
No one else get 0.0024A for the current through the resistor? idk what I did wrong :frown:
Reply 384
I thought the exam was definitely the hardest of the 3 science exams so far.. thoughts?
i feel so bad cause i couldnt do the SHC question
Original post by olly2001
I got 0.0024 as well for the last bit on the LDR question. Looks like it's not right after reading all of this but I think we might get some marks.

yeah but you write it in standard form to make it 2 sig fig so 2.4*10^-3
Original post by anaby01
Uranium-235 is what I put.
The volume of gas??? (not sure which gas) was 8 cm3

Did anyone get 7.5kg for the mass at the end?
Current = 0.0017 A?

I got current as 0.0017, did you mean 7.5 m/s?
Original post by ScienceGod
I am almost pretty sure that the resolution was better as jockey is thinner

I had a crisis there, I put the resolution is the same as there was a ruler with a resolution of 0.1. But more importantly did you put accuracy increases?
Please can someone tell me about the copper carpet one
Original post by Emilyofficial1
Please can someone tell me about the copper carpet one

I think it was that the copper wire has a lower resistance than the student, therefore the electrons will take the route of least resistance instead and go through the wire? can anyone confirm?
Reply 391
Yeah i got that as well

Original post by brarje
Who else got 0.12 kg for the specific heat capacity question?
Did anyone else put parallax for the reading error question?
Original post by Portal12
for the nuclear fuel i just put uranium

I knew it was uranium but I also put in bracket 236 buts it's actually 235 but I put uranium so do you think ill get the mark
Original post by BAAAAAAA
Who else got this answer for count rate (p.s right answer - teacher said)
i got 801
0.3*60
819-18=801

Yes- but then you have to divide it by 60s to get 13.35
Original post by br2611
anyone? the last question, just a walkthrough with the figures?
Power = 388kw, mass = 13800kg
so we need to use the equation Ek = 1/2*m*v^2
to find Ek use E = Pt, E = 388000W*1sec(asks you to find velocity of wind in a second) . Therefore 388000J = 1/2 * 13800 * v^2. So (388000 * 2)/13800 = v^2. v = sqrt(56.231884...), v = 7.49879... = 7.50m/s. I think this is the correct working but correct me if I am wrong anyone.
Original post by noname900
I had a crisis there, I put the resolution is the same as there was a ruler with a resolution of 0.1. But more importantly did you put accuracy increases?

I said resolution increases and accuracy stays the same
Original post by Panda12468
I got 0.0017 for the current didn't get 7.5kg but I think your answer is more reasonable than mine as I think I got something like 0.2

I got that aswell (0.2 something) we should get most marks because we rearranged the kenetic energy correctly? I also got 0.0017 for amps
Same!! ( if I remember correctly )
Original post by Studenterino
I think it was that the copper wire has a lower resistance than the student, therefore the electrons will take the route of least resistance instead and go through the wire? can anyone confirm?

I just put it's a metal and can conduct electricity as the elctrons can flow more easily or something like that idk its probs wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending