marinian
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am currently an offer holder for Marine Biology courses around Scotland, and I'm indecisive when it comes to picking my secondary choice between Stirling and Edinburgh Napier. One thing I'm interesting to know is what kind of lifestyle one can expect from Stirling because I've heard that it's a little bit remote compared to Edinburgh.
Revolver72
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by marinian)
Hi, I am currently an offer holder for Marine Biology courses around Scotland, and I'm indecisive when it comes to picking my secondary choice between Stirling and Edinburgh Napier. One thing I'm interesting to know is what kind of lifestyle one can expect from Stirling because I've heard that it's a little bit remote compared to Edinburgh.
Yes, Stirling is different to Edinburgh. Edinburgh, in comparison, is a major city. Stirling is a large town.

There's lots of things to do around Stirling, in terms of lifestyle. There's a castle, which is nicer than Edinburgh Castle (voted for by tourists). There's lots of good local and chain restaurants. There's two main clubs: Dusk and Fubar. Both offer a good night, and weeknight student nights too.
The infrastructure doesn't make it feel remote. There's the UniLink Bus which is a 15 minute ride to the town centre, where there's also the fairly large Thistle's Shopping Centre.

The university alone is a very pretty campus, and has lots of nice places to relax around it. The union is good, and throws a decent night.

It doesns't feel 'remote' though. I've been going there for five years, through my BSc and MSc. I used to go to school in Edinburgh, so I'm used to the hustle and bustle. I think you'd find it absolutely fine. It's a busy town, with a lot going on, lots to do. Also on the doorstep of some nice hills, too, if you fancy a little trip up Dumyat.

I can honestly say I've loved the lifestyle of Stirling. It's very relaxed, but also good social life, night life, shopping, food and drink.
marinian
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks a lot for your answer, I've now decided to make Stirling my insurance shoice under Aberdeen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise