Aqa Business Studies 2018 GCSE Watch

Student303.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
How did everyones business go ? I thought mine went really well. What did everyone put for last 9 marker? Was about a private limited company window business that were deicded whether or not to ask for 50% deposit when customers order.
HaroonImran16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I put that they should sell shares as they are an ltd and for the 50 percent one I said it might mean that the customers are not happy with the quality of the windows so cannot be paid back. this may mean that there is less good customer service so may promote badly using word of mouth
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Student303.1
Rep:
?
I did and a reason why they should and shouldn’t. Like said they should as it could help them get out of overdraft and help pay their staff etc who are providing the customer service that customers pay for, and for reason why not is that they may not be happy with being charged and so customer satisfaction could go down leading to no word of mouth and less customers/profit.
over the top1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
what did you guys get for the calculation question?
Student303.1
Rep:
?
£650?
Aslan102
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I said that they should and then for the second one I gave an alternative option such as using cheaper materials as this will help solve their cash flow probl3m
Rumit123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
As the alternative to the 50% deposit, I put they should arrange trade credit with the supplier, so it would relieve pressures of their poor cash flow immediately.

I thought it was quite a nice paper except from the health and safety one where we had to state 2 ways the owner could assure the employees were safe. I put the workers should wear hi-vis jackets and something about the chemicals they use hahaha, let's hope for the best eh.
Student303.1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rumit123)
As the alternative to the 50% deposit, I put they should arrange trade credit with the supplier, so it would relieve pressures of their poor cash flow immediately.

I thought it was quite a nice paper except from the health and safety one where we had to state 2 ways the owner could assure the employees were safe. I put the workers should wear hi-vis jackets and something about the chemicals they use hahaha, let's hope for the best eh.
Yeah haha I put that the cleaning supplies should be safe to use and that their work space should be clean. That last 9 marker I don’t know if I will get marks for not giving an option but saying why they shouldn’t do that? Other than that it was good
Rumit123
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Student303.1)
Yeah haha I put that the cleaning supplies should be safe to use and that their work space should be clean. That last 9 marker I don’t know if I will get marks for not giving an option but saying why they shouldn’t do that? Other than that it was good
I think that generally with those questions you're supposed to offer an alternative, but that's just what my teacher told us to do. If you included enough detail for each side then I imagine you'll be able to pick up the marks.
Reversed Flash
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
That is quite risky as we are talking about a small business; how can they share shares as they are not part of the stock market...

(Original post by HaroonImran16)
I put that they should sell shares as they are an ltd and for the 50 percent one I said it might mean that the customers are not happy with the quality of the windows so cannot be paid back. this may mean that there is less good customer service so may promote badly using word of mouth
Abhishek Dey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reversed Flash)
That is quite risky as we are talking about a small business; how can they share shares as they are not part of the stock market...
I know that this thread is super old but I just had to let you know that ltds can privately ask people for investments in return for a share of the business
Reversed Flash
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Abhishek Dey)
I know that this thread is super old but I just had to let you know that ltds can privately ask people for investments in return for a share of the business
Thank you, yes I probably messed up on that now thinking about it. However, I actually managed to scrape an A* somehow, think it is because of my coursework.
kaylat03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone remember what was in the test?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise