What AS Level Have/Will You Drop? Watch

affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What subject have/will you drop at AS Level and why?

I dropped Business Studies as I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected and felt my other subjects made a better combination for my future plans. =D

x
Barry Scott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Philosophy as I hated it and it was my worst grade by far...
LiL MiSs cHeEkY
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
geography all the way...its torchure and i hate it...with a passion
watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i have no idea ): i really, really need some help with it
i do fine art, maths, chem & physics. and i ust picked up further maths which i'm getting on with really well(should have fp1 done by easter, started it friday in free periods)!
i will more than likely get As in all of them, and whilst i find physics hardest, art is more time consuming and physics would "look better".
i just don't knowww
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by watermelon sugar)
i have no idea ): i really, really need some help with it
i do fine art, maths, chem & physics. and i ust picked up further maths which i'm getting on with really well(should have fp1 done by easter, started it friday in free periods)!
i will more than likely get As in all of them, and whilst i find physics hardest, art is more time consuming and physics would "look better".
i just don't knowww
Guess it comes down to what you want to do. If you want to something like architecture, then you would be better keeping both art and physics, along with maths. If you are more interested in a science degree though, such as engineering, then drop art.

Good luck whatever you decide!
mollymustard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped Philosophy because it was my worst grade, and the teaching for that subject in my 6th form was awful.
I found it intresting, but I know ultimately I made the right decision.
Glutamic Acid
Report 10 years ago
I don't think I'll end up dropping any, provided I get high UMS. If I do, it'll have to be Computing.
watermelon sugar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by affinity89)
Guess it comes down to what you want to do. If you want to something like architecture, then you would be better keeping both art and physics, along with maths. If you are more interested in a science degree though, such as engineering, then drop art.

Good luck whatever you decide!
i'm looking at maths with philosophy orrr possiblyyyy art.. it's all ver complictaed, and chemistry is the only one that i could afford to drop, but i find it so easy and what about a chem degree?! uselesss i am
rainbow drops
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maths. Keeping Eng Lit, History and French, they correspond to the degree I want to do and I enjoy them as subjects the most.

I will actually miss Maths though, the teacher and lessons are hilarious. If only my English teachers were anywhere near as good... 8-)
* Catrin *
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Biology it was an evil subject...well we had rubbish teachers and i enjoyed all my other subjects a hell of a lot more, well and i was doing better in them! Got a C in the end...should've resat my E module but couldn't be bothered! O well!
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by matt54)
Philosophy as I hated it and it was my worst grade by far...
:ditto:
icapturethecastle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
as levels i took
biology
french
chemistry
maths

dropped
french

although i wanted to keep it...but i nt he end, it was the one which had the best free periods :p:
Areontas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped Chemistry - and very glad I did too, I hated the subject.
mackemforever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Currently studying:

Physics
Maths
Economics
Government & Politics

am gonna drop Government & Politics and take up ICT as I got an A in the AS level in year 11.
Happy_Holidays
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped Biology. I loved it but got an E in it and I wouldn't have been able to resit all the modules. I wish I'd been able to drop computing instead because I hate it!
watjam01
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm going to be droppin maths i think i feel like i don;t get the subject but a got a B in c1 woop!
xSplashx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped business studies because it bored me so much. Also got quite a rubbish mark in it.

Edit: Oh and I dropped critical thinking as well, simply because there is no point to the subject.
megan28
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped physics.
I was terrible at it and I hated it.
By January of yr 12 I had pretty much given up.
I didn't even want to do it in the first place, but timetables meant I couldn't do biology or maths so I was stuck with it.
I got a U overall, and in all units so its I good thing I dont have to worry about it now.
In our CW we even had to do the visit report with out visiting anywhere!
Its stupid.

And I also dropped critical thinking, but that was more because the teachers couldn't be bothered with it anymore.
We were doing it in the same one hour a week as general studies.
And no one got above a D.
jawads
Report 10 years ago
I dropped biology after AS as I didnt enjoy it anymore, I got a B for it but am resitting module 2 to get an A hopefully.

Im doing maths,business,chemistry now but if i had to choose my A levels again it would be maths, further maths, business, economics and possibly chemistry
purple-girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics. I'm almost certainly going to drop Economics, and hopefully pick up Further Maths AS. Oh, and general studies but I'll probably keep that to A2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1620)
79.14%
Leave (427)
20.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise