What AS Level Have/Will You Drop? Watch

plopSDCSDC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im stuck between English and History, after these January results, i really don't know, I got really poor grades in history when i really enjoy and got A* at GCSE, but i was originally going to drop english but i got an A in Jan mods and an A in coursework. I;m really stuck at the moment.
Cooro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped law after I completed my AS, I didn't do as well as I'd like (C) and I didn't enjoy it.
beesbees
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm really stuck with what to do to be honest. I do History, Government and Politics, Classical Civilisation and Computing. I would like to complete a History degree, so the logical step would be to drop Computing... but I really enjoy the lessons. The subject I least enjoy at the moment is Government and Politics, but I like the scope for debate etc. in the lessons.

I like all of them to be honest! But 4 A2 levels would be too much? Considering the majority of Universities ask for 3 A-levels, I'd rather pick up another AS because it is less intense.

EDIT: In unit 1 exams, I got AAB and didn't have an exam in Classical Civilisation, with the B in Government and Politics.

Gah! I don't know what to do ...
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i dropped chemisty after AS, was the best decision i've ever made!
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My subject likes/dislikes are determined solely by my achievements in them :p:
Medicine Man
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
probably critical thinking cos i just cba and maybe physics. Depends on my AS results
Callipygian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Further maths, it's pretty hard, and dropping it halves my lesson time (since i dont have to go to normal maths lessons now ive finished that)
Jhawkins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped Biology as I got my lowest AS grade in it! And now I'm much more stress-free
Archibald246
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped politics, simply because it was my lowest grade, and plus the fact they were doing American politics for A2, which having learnt some of it at the end of AS year, i wasn't that keen on it (no offence intended to any Americans on here! It's just your political system was a bit hard for me to understand!)
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
History, got an E in the mock and the teachers are rubbish. We haven't been set a single essay yet this year...
Taemon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dropped chemistry last year. There was far too much to remember compared to Physics or Maths, and it was not as fun as French or Music! Oh, and I was 1/3% away from an A in the AS, so I may have dropped it out of sheer annoyance!
Don John
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
History probably unless the teachers get their act together and start setting us essays... in the mocks nobody got higher than a C.
SylverStrike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I'm going to drop Latin. I don't know why. It's not like it's boring or pointless or makes me want to stab my teachers or anything. Oh no. I love Latin.
A Stranger in Moscow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped Chemistry because it was my only C (even though my exam grades were better than some other subjects, AB) I hated the coursework and didn't want to do anymore, and the teacher was pants.

It was between that and English.
Don John
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry for the double post
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I take: History, Economics, English Lit & Law. I seriously want to drop Law. It is such a terrible subject. i find it so boring and it's not as respected as my other 3 subjects. Hopefully i will drop it
turgon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Philosophy. It is interesting from time to time, but I see no point in taking it to A2.
ninaabbey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i don't know english language probably since i hate that with a passion
i'm no superman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We're not allowed to drop any of the four subjects we're doing this year at my school unless we fail the subject. If I could, I'd drop Computing. I really can't imagine myself doing it next year and I really want to focus on Biology, Chemistry, and Maths (esp. the Chemistry) since I want to apply to do medicine at uni next year.
city_chic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dropped Biology after Year 12. I loved it and it was my favourite along with French, but it was my worst grade and I knew the best thing was to drop it. I re-sat a module in January and got my grade up to an A though, which I'm so thrilled about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.39%
No (318)
73.61%

Watched Threads