The Student Room Group

physics ocr gateway

how you find it,
i took the triple paper and it was actually decent except for the question with the rock and well
Reply 1
Original post by ppl1cker
how you find it,
i took the triple paper and it was actually decent except for the question with the rock and well

It was good - what did you get for the trolley momentum velocity question
Reply 2
what the one where they stuck together?

Original post by stoneroses2828
It was good - what did you get for the trolley momentum velocity question
Reply 3
what the one where they stuck together?

Yep I think I got 3.4 m/s?
Reply 4
thats what i got
nice

thats what i got
nice

same, for the rock one you have to times it by GFS (10), i just guessed it and apparently its right but its something to do with SUVAT and how the initial velocity is 0 or something?
Reply 6
Original post by jamesgillian123
same, for the rock one you have to times it by GFS (10), i just guessed it and apparently its right but its something to do with SUVAT and how the initial velocity is 0 or something?

i had no clue for that one i think i made up an equation
Reply 7
at least the 6 marker was very easy
Reply 8
ye that was pretty nice
at least the 6 marker was very easy
Reply 9
do additional maths and we have to learn it...
Original post by jamesgillian123

I wrote that you have to get final velocity by using v=u+at (rearrange the acceleration equation). Acceleration would be 10 (cause of gravity) and initial velocity would be 0, and time was whatever you measured.
Then you would find average speed by doing (initial speed + final speed)/2, then subbing in the average speed into distance=speed x time and that distance would be the depth of the well.

I only know the suvat equations because I do additional maths and we have to learn it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest