Turn on thread page Beta

what do you think when you see a guy with a tattoo watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not a tattoo fan myself, and for me it's a bit of a turn off when girls have them.

But I don't think less of people or anything, I know they must hurt to get, so honestly I'm usually like..."brave mutha****er" :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ-hec)
    aany body want a tatoo here any plans to get one?
    i want sum fishbones, u no like the in cartoons
    when I have the money and have finished the design i'm getting a sparrow tattooed onto the nape of my neck.
    sparrows mate for life and always return home so for me it represents the importance of family and love. not something I think i'll regret.
    and because it will be hidden most of the time i think it will be nice to have something few people know about.

here's the unfinished design:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    If it was a girl i'd think she was a chav (seen toooo many chavs with (fake?) tattoos)

If it was a guy it would depend on what it is, say a butterfly i would think wuss or gay but say something like a skull i wouldnt think he was tough/gangster straight away - would need to take his size (i.e Hench-ness) before i make that judgement.

I wouldnt be able to pass a judgement just on whether they have a tattoo i will need to consider his clothes/size.

ReputationRep:
    Entirely depends what sort of tattoo.

If it's an armful of tacky football or 'patriotic' ****, then I think he's probably a chav.

It'd take a very specific and tasteful design for me to approve. What I really find awful is the sheer number of girls with absolutely silly, small, generic designs. Yeah, when you're wearing a dress it looks reaaaally classy to have some stars on your back that you picked off the wall of a dodgy tattoo parlour when you were 17...

ReputationRep:
    A Girl with a tattoo.... is it just me or does EVERY GIRL seem to have that same old bull**** flower thing just above their ass? Seriously, it's not the least bit attractive. If you're gonna' mark your body with pointless crap, make it good, especially if it's ironic; like a flower above your ass.

I don't mind a tattoo that has meaning, like Jack's on LOST, or I dunno... The Rocks on WWF haha.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on what kind of tattoo it was and what the person looks like. I try not to stereotype but sometimes its hard not to think of a huge guy with a snake tatto as a 'ganngster.'

ReputationRep:
    Haha I have a tattoo (on my back tho so not really visible most of the time!). I'm so far away from being gangster-ish lol. People are usually always quite shocked when they find out I have a tattoo. One guy said I didn't strike him as the kind of girl to have one... What's the "type" of girl (or guy!) that does??

Tats on guys are hot!

ReputationRep:
    I would think: "Oh, he has a tattoo..."
    You cannot generalise with them and besides so many people seem to have them now and piercings that it is almost abnormal not to have something of that nature.
    I don't think it is so taboo in the present day etc.

ReputationRep:
    Depends completely on the tattoo, the more discreet the better in my opinion. My ex had 2 giant skulls (happy/sad Shakespeare's masks style) both breathing fire with the words "laugh now, cry later" written around it in smoke. Oh and it was right in the middle of his chest about the size of a large dinner plate! It was bloody awful!

ReputationRep:
    I think it all depends on whos its on, where, how big, and what it is in the first place. You can get really good looking tribal ones for example but some designs might not "fit" the look on the person, like a really anorexic person or something.

ReputationRep:
    I think tattoos though capture exactly who you exactly were at that particular moment in time. It's kind of like a visual memory of a particular time/battle/journey/place etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    I think tattoos though capture exactly who you exactly were at that particular moment in time. It's kind of like a visual memory of a particular time/battle/journey/place etc.
    I have a friend who gets one every year or something that was important to her that year and they make up this collage type thing. it's one of the coolest tats i've ever seen.

in the same tattoo she has boyzone and cannibal corpse :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmska)
    cool, where you getting it?? I'm going to get one behind my ear so it will never go saggy even when I'm like 90 :p:
    gd idea lol

i think ill go for lower lower back maybe, im not into upper arm stuff

ReputationRep:
    I'm not hard in the slightest and just have 'straight to hell' tattooed on my arm, which admittedly sounds wannabe hard.

and suprisingly most people think it is.

no one ****ing knows who the clash are.

ReputationRep:
    "that must of hurt "

ReputationRep:
    It does depend on the tattoo - if it looks good then sure why not.

If it's something stupid, the first thought is normally "tosser".

ReputationRep:
    Tramp stamp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKLJKL)
    I'm not hard in the slightest and just have 'straight to hell' tattooed on my arm, which admittedly sounds wannabe hard.

and suprisingly most people think it is.

no one ****ing knows who the clash are.

i know them! hahaha:p: ok well...sorta.

I only know one song by them "london calling" and thats quite cool

ReputationRep:
    I'd think they were fairly common. I hate tattoos, I've yet to see someone who doesn't look trashy with one.

ReputationRep:
    I hate all trival/symbol tattoos, they dont mean anything. Even if its a japense symbol for like hope or something, it still just looks like the tattoo equviilant of a spice girls song- cheap and common.

Be imginative, if Its something (like mine is) that is close to their heart in some way then I'll like it.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.