Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam12)
    Yeh, agree with most. First six questions were pretty easy, but then last page was a nightmare. Probably the hardest exam imo over the last few years - never seen a test that has three consequtive hard questions like this.

I'm just hope I can get a good B, if I don't scrape an A. But thats relying on the grade boundaries. Hopefully everyone has done rubbish on the last few questions and they to put the grade boudaries down!!
    Yeah, the only thing I'm hoping is that the rest of country found it hard too! *Cries*

I hope its something stupid like half marks for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Well everything I did I got 100% right, but my school cocked up and finished the exam 10 minutes early!

I never quite finish c2/c3/etc exams in the time period, but because of the 10 minutes lost I think I lost about 20 marks just from not getting onto the questions.

I looked at them and I knew exactly how to answer all of them as well, ffs!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get the very last question about finding the range of k? I got confused! I thought that maybe as the equation was 4cos(whatever..) then for there to be solutions, the k + root 3 minus 1 or whatever it was must be between 4 and -4.. therefore for there to be no solutions I said the expression with the k in it must be greater than four or less than -4.. Anyone else do that?! Man I hope it's right.. :rolleyes:
    DAMN b^2 - 4ac = 0 for the one solution to the stationary point. gah gah gah! I totaly forgot about it! Nightmare..

ReputationRep:
    k was greater than root 4 +1
    k was less than root 4 -1

there the answers i got
    not sure if they are right.

ReputationRep:
    the paper is crap......

ReputationRep:
    Found it easy until the last questions, in which i then died. Was by far the hardest C3 test and did all past papers. Think the grade boundary is usually 80%, so can get upto 14/15 wrong! Also thought there was a missprint in that question. Least you can retake...

ReputationRep:
    yea....hardest C3 test. i did all the solomon papers n pastpapers! argh

ReputationRep:
    k=2 and x=-1 if I remember properly for all those who struggled with Q7.

Anyone remember what Q8 was? Got a copy of the paper? Want to see how long it would take me to do the last Qs after where I was stopped :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinm123)
    For the stationary point question, as far as I know, k was 2 and the actual point was (-1,-e^-2).

Having now checked this on graph software (the original graph with k=2 was y=(xe^2x)/(x+2)) I think I was right, how I got there though I can't remember

Worst. c3 paper. ever.
    Got that too. I don't know how the b2 - 4ac trick came to me, but it did.

(Original post by scotlandlover)
    k was greater than root 4 +1
    k was less than root 4 -1
    Was that for the final question? I got something like that, but I might have gotten root 3, can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XEROX)
    Also thought there was a missprint in that question.
    What was it? I didn't notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    k=2 and x=-1 if I remember properly for all those who struggled with Q7.

Anyone remember what Q8 was? Got a copy of the paper? Want to see how long it would take me to do the last Qs after where I was stopped :rolleyes:

I think it was prove

4cos(\theta + 60)cos(\theta + 30) = \sqrt 3 - 2\sin(2\theta)

you then had to evaluate 4cos(82.5)cos(52.5) exactly, find theta when 4cos(\theta + 60)cos(\theta + 30) = 1 and find the set of values of k for which 4cos(\theta + 60)cos(\theta + 30) = k has no solutions.

i *think* that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaystationStudies)
    What was it? I didn't notice.
    The question 7 part i. Couldn't see how to get "+k", but could get "-x".

ReputationRep:
    right..normally we need 58/72 to get an A....wht mark do u reckon we need to get an A?///

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully about 20/72! haha

ReputationRep:
    When do you think the paper and markscheme will come on the OCR site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foobso)
    When do you think the paper and markscheme will come on the OCR site?
    I can't see the markscheme being put up until results are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XEROX)
    The question 7 part i. Couldn't see how to get "+k", but could get "-x".
    I thought that was one of the easiest questions on the paper!! lol. Although a fluffed the rest of the back page. Probably pick up a method mark here and therefore.

The one I was confused was about the integral one. It said, "show that 2^x can be written as e^{2x} . How do you that? I mean, easy to work out if it said show it as ln... but stupid damn e .

I'm really praying that everyone (or most) dodged the last page up so the grade boundaries go tumbling down.

I hope my AQA CORE 3 next week is'nt as hard *screams*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tIT4tOe)
    I hope my AQA CORE 3 next week is'nt as hard *screams*
    Shall we all just pray you don't have an English exam?!

(Original post by dani_lou)
    Shall we all just pray you don't have an English exam?!
    Sorry if im not as perfect as you *rolls eyes*. After all, It's only a forum dear

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 17, 2008

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.