The Student Room Group

Crush Advice

Hi. I met this guy online who goes to the same school as me (one year above) and need some advice. We were chatting online for about 6 hours on Sunday, then we agreed after seeing each others' identities to keep in touch. We got along really well too, chatting about him being bi and me being gay, and how cool it was with both of us not being camp (sorry). I added him on Facebook. Then on messenger I sent him an "alright" the day after. I don't know if he seen it because I think the image of the person would have to appear below the message. So then today I asked him if he was alright on the dating website. It said he was online at one point but I haven't gotten any word from him yet. I don't wanna be pushy, especially if the guy doesn't really like me, what should I do?
(I should mention, we're not a couple or anything just flirting and joking about, but it seemed to go pretty well)
If I were you I'd wait for a bit, maybe he's just busy. If he still doesn't reply after a couple of days you could either send him another message or just leave it be, but I think he'll reply since you've spent so long chatting before! And if you see him around at school you could always go and talk to him in person :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hysterria
If I were you I'd wait for a bit, maybe he's just busy. If he still doesn't reply after a couple of days you could either send him another message or just leave it be, but I think he'll reply since you've spent so long chatting before! And if you see him around at school you could always go and talk to him in person :smile:

Cheers for the advice mate. I'm not sure it is because he's not very active on social media or misses my messages, but I'd rather I knew now. We're both on study leave, and he is leaving after these exams, so I might not see him. I probably wait and see. He just seemed so enthuastic and now nothing. Although we both do have exams and especially for him they are make or break. I'll give it a while and see what happens and try not to beat myself up over it.
Some people quickly go on websites to check for a message from a certain person and then go off as they don't have time during that moment for small talk. I'd be chill about it, give it a couple of days. He probbaly hasn't seen it yet.
Also your thread is anonymous but your reply isn't(just thought I'd let you know)
Reply 4
Original post by AzureCeleste
Some people quickly go on websites to check for a message from a certain person and then go off as they don't have time during that moment for small talk. I'd be chill about it, give it a couple of days. He probbaly hasn't seen it yet.
Also your thread is anonymous but your reply isn't(just thought I'd let you know)

😅 Ah well. No difference really. No one knows the real biggly. He probably saw how long our last chat was and didnt want to be rude and tell me to make it quick. He does seem real decent and everything. I just have very low confidence and am great at being pessimistic. Supposed I just got excited about having someone to talk with about being gay and someone I can relate to. At the moment, I don't really care if he wants it to be a friendship or more, cause we need to both feel fine. Although, to be honest I am not going to be getting my hopes up on it too early, besides I need to focus on my exams and put relationships second, well at least for about 20 days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending