Well, I guess my english lit gcse is in your hands Watch

SchoolIsokay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
How do I write the poetry comparison essay? Intro,paragraph paragraph 2 then 3 then conclusion. But actually in it I don't understand how to analyse etc. helppp and any help on dna theres basically no revision materials
thrifty_reviser
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Make thematic links between the poems or compare the poet's messages in their poems.
SchoolIsokay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by thrifty_reviser)
Make thematic links between the poems or compare the poet's messages in their poems.
can I do both? And is it like so both poems present the idea of power however this one presents it as blah blah blah and the other presents it as blah blah. then I would analysis one poem as if it was by itself so I'd say what the writer is presenting power as quotation then analysis then device then link to the other question with a discourse marker "likewise" then repeat for other until I have three paragraphs of comparison. Also, I really struggle on analysis and think that's why I will fail so can you just tell me quickly what you think of my on the spot analysis i just did.

The context is the group just threw stones at another member and then he fell. Tell me what you think. Plus, it's the play dna and also kelleyis the author.

In one of the opening scenes of the play Jan states that she and her group "were just having a laugh" this mplies that their actions were not intended to be anything harmful rather a simple joke not to be taken seriously. However, the pronoun "we" suggests Jan feels a sense of guilt because she was there so therefore is trying to spread the blame onto the group as a whole, because there is strength in numbers. This could be Kelley's way of pointing out that in society mob's and gangs are a real problem because they derail peoples morals and corrupts them. The adverb "laugh" isl inked with the idea of happines and joy, this is a sharp contrast to the reality of the situation were adam is not expressing happiness instead fear and suffering. Perhaps kelley used the word "laugh" to help the reader understand that something may appear as one thing in this case a "laugh" in reality could be something quite cruel and an evil act. In this situation it would be them throwing rocks at Adam until he falls in the pit. Thanks
pjrodarte339
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
if it's in my hands then you're screwed
Sasaki Haise
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Intro - Intros to what both poems what they are.

Para 1 - One Comparative Point between of them (sim or differences)
Para 2 - Second Comparative Point of them (sim or differences)
Para 3 - Third Comparative Point of them (sim or differences)
Para 4 - Fourth Comparative Point of them (sim or differences)
Conclusion - your judgement all overall
AJ1NS
Badges: 10
Report 8 months ago
you can do 50/50 for each poem or 20/80 or 80/20 etc.
you don't have to compare them equally as long as you comment on both and also include structure !!
that's pretty much the only change this year (structure)
it's things like a change of tone (volta) or time(flashbacks like in poppier to her son) etc.
make sure to use the word structure then talk about something like the change in time, repeated motifs or how punctuation affects the poem.
good luck :')
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (44)
9.15%
I used to but I don't now (13)
2.7%
No, but I want to start (173)
35.97%
No, I am unable to (112)
23.28%
No, I chose not to (139)
28.9%