Stressing over my course final choice

Watch this thread
Ktxgriffiths
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok so I think I might have made the wrong choice in terms of which course I’ll be doing at university. I’ve applied for and been accepted to study sociology with social policy through the medium of welsh at Bangor university but I feel like I’ve made a mistake!!! As it’s in welsh it’s not s very popular / full course so the lectures would be very empty and that makes me hate it. I’d feel extremely uncomfortable and there’s even a chance I may be the only one there ! So my point is, can I change course when I arrive at the university in September ? Or even before then? I only want to switch to the English version of the course or even a different course that’s very similar if they’ll allow it. Would bangor let me do that? I started out wanting to study in welsh but now I’m thinking at university level it might be a little too crazy and intimidating being in a small class. I would really like if they let me pick “Childhood and Youth Studies and Sociology”
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
E-mail the uni and ask them about it.
They may let you switch
Bangor Uni
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ktxgriffiths)
Ok so I think I might have made the wrong choice in terms of which course I’ll be doing at university. I’ve applied for and been accepted to study sociology with social policy through the medium of welsh at Bangor university but I feel like I’ve made a mistake!!! As it’s in welsh it’s not s very popular / full course so the lectures would be very empty and that makes me hate it. I’d feel extremely uncomfortable and there’s even a chance I may be the only one there ! So my point is, can I change course when I arrive at the university in September ? Or even before then? I only want to switch to the English version of the course or even a different course that’s very similar if they’ll allow it. Would bangor let me do that? I started out wanting to study in welsh but now I’m thinking at university level it might be a little too crazy and intimidating being in a small class. I would really like if they let me pick “Childhood and Youth Studies and Sociology”
Hi,

Contact our admissions team in the link below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/ar/main/ind...issions.php.en

Also if you change to study in English, you can still do a couple of modules in Welsh, the link below might be helpful to you

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/cymraeg/index.php.en

Kind regards and many thanks

Sera
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed