The Student Room Group

need advice - kissed a guy for a bet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
So what happened to him next? Did he turn out to be gay?

He claimed not to be gay ...and I didn't hear about any other incidents
Hi, sorry to bother yous (again), but I guess y'all were right... I might be a tiny bit gay.

He came to my place today, we did some revision but mostly just talked and listened to music, which was very nice. I walked him to the bus stop, and I don't know what happened really. He just smiled at me and I randomly felt an overwhelming urge to kiss him. So I did. Not much later, his bus arrived, and he left, leaving me so confused.

I guess there's no longer a point in denying that I'm interested, but I don't want to be! I just wanna like a girl, but no, just my luck I've gotta go and like a bloody boy.

I feel like there's two options here. Either I cut him off entirely (because just friends clearly won't work), and go back to being straight; or I begin a relationship with him but I'll have to hide it from my friends and family (which is hard) or tell them (which is even harder). What do you think I should do?
You can’t go back to being straight you’re gay
Hi, sorry to bother yous (again), but I guess y'all were right... I might be a tiny bit gay.

He came to my place today, we did some revision but mostly just talked and listened to music, which was very nice. I walked him to the bus stop, and I don't know what happened really. He just smiled at me and I randomly felt an overwhelming urge to kiss him. So I did. Not much later, his bus arrived, and he left, leaving me so confused.

I guess there's no longer a point in denying that I'm interested, but I don't want to be! I just wanna like a girl, but no, just my luck I've gotta go and like a bloody boy.

I feel like there's two options here. Either I cut him off entirely (because just friends clearly won't work), and go back to being straight; or I begin a relationship with him but I'll have to hide it from my friends and family (which is hard) or tell them (which is even harder). What do you think I should do?

In answer to the question what should you do, one word, relax! Don't think about it too much, as hard as it might be, and just do what feels natural. I'd certainly be honest with him and let him know that you're feeling confused about your sexuality. There's no need to worry about "identifying" as gay/straight/bi or anything else. If you enjoy spending time with him, then do it. If you want to kiss him, do it. As hard as it is, if it makes you happy then, that's the most important thing. Also, thanks for keeping us all updated, I do often wonder where the interesting tales on the relationship forum go, as the OP doesn't usually come back with a conclusion!
In answer to the question what should you do, one word, relax! Don't think about it too much, as hard as it might be, and just do what feels natural. I'd certainly be honest with him and let him know that you're feeling confused about your sexuality. There's no need to worry about "identifying" as gay/straight/bi or anything else. If you enjoy spending time with him, then do it. If you want to kiss him, do it. As hard as it is, if it makes you happy then, that's the most important thing. Also, thanks for keeping us all updated, I do often wonder where the interesting tales on the relationship forum go, as the OP doesn't usually come back with a conclusion!
Aw thank you so much for your reply! I'm just not sure whether being with him is worth all the confusion and people's reactions (or, if I decide not to tell anyone, the fear of people finding out). I don't know him very well just yet; what if it turns out we're not compatible at all? Do you think I should discuss these worries with him or would that be weird?

Original post by Hmcvey20
You can’t go back to being straight you’re gay
I've had two girlfriends before so I guess I can. Maybe I'm like 99% straight 1% gay.
You can’t be 1% gay you are either completely straight to the extent that kissing a man is never something you would think of or you bi or gay
lmaoooo you the real MVP
Original post by whoremone
lmaoooo you the real MVP

This mans gay I don’t know why he’s denying it
Nah c'mon, I'm not gay just because there's one guy that I kinda like!

I’ve never kissed a man nor would I because I don’t even remotely like any men in a romantic way because that would be gay by definition😂😂 if you’ve kissed a man and you’ve enjoyed it then your bi or gay you admitted it when you said u like him.
Alright so I was at this pretty big party last night and was just joking around with some of my mates about sexuality n stuff. One of them then said that I'm apparently so scared of not being straight that I wouldn't kiss a guy for twenty quid. I, slightly drunk and incredibly skint, decided to prove him wrong.

So I approached this bloke who's pretty good looking and openly bisexual. Talked/flirted for a bit then snogged him. Dashed off with a lame excuse and got my money.

But now he's sent me a message on facebook, saying that he had a good time last night and asking me to meet up for coffee. I could've seen this coming honestly because we had a nice chat (and also a pretty nice kiss) and I'm just not sure what to do? I feel a bit bad about "using" him like this, so what should I say?

Just say you were drunk and it didnt mean anything. You think hes nice but you arent interestedd in him like that
Original post by annanas45
Just say you were drunk and it didnt mean anything. You think hes nice but you arent interestedd in him like that

Keep reading this man is gay
Original post by Hmcvey20
Keep reading this man is gay

So?
Alright so I was at this pretty big party last night and was just joking around with some of my mates about sexuality n stuff. One of them then said that I'm apparently so scared of not being straight that I wouldn't kiss a guy for twenty quid. I, slightly drunk and incredibly skint, decided to prove him wrong.

So I approached this bloke who's pretty good looking and openly bisexual. Talked/flirted for a bit then snogged him. Dashed off with a lame excuse and got my money.

But now he's sent me a message on facebook, saying that he had a good time last night and asking me to meet up for coffee. I could've seen this coming honestly because we had a nice chat (and also a pretty nice kiss) and I'm just not sure what to do? I feel a bit bad about "using" him like this, so what should I say?

1 - gay
2 - stop tiptoeing around the truth like you're tip toeing around your sexuality
3 - see 1
Original post by annanas45
So?

So nothing but you were implying he wants it to end but when you read the rest of the thread you realised he’s gay not just someone who had a drunken kiss for a bet

Hey, OP. I've been reading this and honestly I've been smiling because it's actually nice to read. You don't need to choose the gay, straight, bisexual, etc etc labels. Just be. And if you like this guy, then keep spending time with him!

"I feel like there's two options here. Either I cut him off entirely (because just friends clearly won't work), and go back to being straight; or I begin a relationship with him but I'll have to hide it from my friends and family (which is hard) or tell them (which is even harder). What do you think I should do?"

Don't cut him off, OP. If you know you like him, begin a relationship with him. And of course, no one should have to know until you're ready to tell them.
Original post by theggbydealy
Hey, OP. I've been reading this and honestly I've been smiling because it's actually nice to read. You don't need to choose the gay, straight, bisexual, etc etc labels. Just be. And if you like this guy, then keep spending time with him!

"I feel like there's two options here. Either I cut him off entirely (because just friends clearly won't work), and go back to being straight; or I begin a relationship with him but I'll have to hide it from my friends and family (which is hard) or tell them (which is even harder). What do you think I should do?"

Don't cut him off, OP. If you know you like him, begin a relationship with him. And of course, no one should have to know until you're ready to tell them.

You might not like labels but they exist if you like someone of the same sex then you are homosexual or bisexual that’s a fact regardless of your stance on labels.
I love this thread, please keep seeing the guy and keep us updated! I honestly think this is the cutest thing and you definitely have a connection with him! You definitely seem to be happy when you're with him, so keep doing it, and don't think about what friends/family will think until you feel ready to tell them. You might be surprised at how happy and proud of you they will be, you never know. There's a whole community out there who will support you through this, just keep being you OP! Xo
is this how megan and harry started
Original post by theggbydealy

I love this thread, please keep seeing the guy and keep us updated! I honestly think this is the cutest thing and you definitely have a connection with him! You definitely seem to be happy when you're with him, so keep doing it, and don't think about what friends/family will think until you feel ready to tell them. You might be surprised at how happy and proud of you they will be, you never know. There's a whole community out there who will support you through this, just keep being you OP! Xo

Aww thank you both so so much for your kind words! I guess I'll keep seeing him then :smile:. I'm actually a bit nervous to get in touch as I haven't heard from him after yesterday? What if he regrets it, or isn't looking for something serious? Also, what should I say? I really want to see him again but we literally hung out yesterday so inviting him over might be a bit too much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending