Please keep us updated
BritishJew
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NinjaNerdfighter)
Sources please
Perhaps the onus should be on you to disprove my claims?

But personally I think we should all stop derailing the OP's thread, which is NOT about bisexual females. All you bisexual females should start your own thread, this thread is about male sexuality! (see, its easy to play a game of divisive identity politics isn't it?).
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For another £20 bend over for him
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by mbovett)
Yet another bi girl swooping in here to have some input.

OP - I hope things work out with you and this guy!! It sounds like you're on a bit of a discovery journey here regarding sexuality and romantic preferences. Whilst forums like this are of course a great way to share what's on your mind and seek advice, for this particular topic you may find a little more help in a group or forum site that's more central to the LGBT+ community - obviously you don't have to label yourself as LGBT+ at all, but in my personal experience those kinds of groups are the best to go to when you're feeling confused/noticing a change in your sexual preference, just because they're filled with people who have authentic experiences of what you're going through and you might find some helpful new perspectives from asking specifically those experienced communities. Regardless, I wish you the best with all of this and I am quite enjoying this thread

Everyone who's commenting something along the lines of 'that's called being gay/bi' or 'you're gay/bi' - No matter whether you're someone who's in the LGBT+ community and has a lot of experience dealing with this sort of topic, or whether you're making suggestions based on your own views of what being gay/bi or having a confusion around sexuality might be like, please consider avoiding posts like this. Telling someone who is in the middle of working out who they are and what they want that they can't choose and work it out on their own, and that they're definitely a certain sexuality or identity, generally leads to more confusion. Moreover, if OP doesn't want to identify with any label, then shoving a label in their face certainly won't help much. I imagine it's about as frustrating as when people tell me that I'm not actually bi, I'm just a repressed lesbian who doesn't want to completely come out the closet (yes, that's a genuine thing that actual, real people have said to me, to my face)

And you, my friend - kudos for sticking up for the community. I was gonna comment pretty much the exact same thing before I saw you'd already taken care of it
Do you know any good forum sites for LGBT+? I'd really like to talk to other people who've gone through this as well . And thank you so so much for the rest of your reply. The people yelling that I'm gay are definitely not helping - I think I'd better figure that one out on my own. So yeah, I really appreciate your words!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jadey.tw)

Look, I'm not saying you're homophobic, never said that alright. I'm ignoring the blatant homophobic comments because they're not worth my time responding but you are happy to talk with more reason. I simply think that no matter how much you believe bisexuals are destined to live sad, miserable, unfulfilled lives, its not really your place to jump in on a thread like this with someone who is trying to work themselves out and run your mouth about how *****y you think we have it, and the only good thing going for bisexuals is that we have more choice and people to get with in a club? bit sad yanno. but I get you're not going to change your opinion so whatevers,
Hi, thanks a lot to you as well! I really hope that the things the guy's saying aren't true...
NinjaNerdfighter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ryan85)
Having graduated 10 years ago I now get paid very handsomely for writing reports as a qualified lawyer.

So I'll politely decline your request. Perhaps the onus should be on you to disprove my claim?

Personally I think we should all stop derailing the OP's thread, which is NOT about bisexual females. All you bisexual females should start your own thread, this thread is about male sexuality! (see, its easy to play a game of divisive identity politics isn't it?).
What a defensive response to a simple request for sources. Isn't the whole point of basing your opinion on academic research that you have the research to back up your point? After all, I'm sure a qualified lawyer like yourself wouldn't ever pull a figure like 'a bisexual is 50% more likely to have an affair than a straight person' out of thin air...

Anyway, thanks for giving me a good chuckle. To OP, I hope it goes well, let us know how you're getting on
Anonymous #7
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you know any good forum sites for LGBT+? I'd really like to talk to other people who've gone through this as well . And thank you so so much for the rest of your reply. The people yelling that I'm gay are definitely not helping - I think I'd better figure that one out on my own. So yeah, I really appreciate your words!
Idk any forums but my best friend is gay and she honestly gives the best relationship and life advice ever (I've had to go to her for help quite a few times xD) I'll ask her if she knows about any forums at all

I also have loooads of friends who aren't straight in some way (gay, bi, pan etc.), although I'm straight myself I've seen other people go through it soooo many times so if you want to dm me at any point if you need some more help, don't hesitate )
mbovett
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The best I can find right now to try is https://lgbtchat.net/forums/question...neral-lgbt.30/

Seems to me like the best bet since it has a section dedicated to general topics and questioning/working out your identity.

And no problem, glad I could help a little! I hope this helps a bit as well :biggrin:
Anonymous #6
Report 1 year ago
Surely OP realised he was attracted to guys before all of this? I think it's a troll
mbovett
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surely OP realised he was attracted to guys before all of this? I think it's a troll
I don't think so. The details of the story match with many stories of how LGBT+ people I know worked out that they were attracted to people of the same gender. Also, people don't always realise their sexuality early on. It's perfectly reasonable that OP wouldn't start considering being attracted to the same sex until they found themselves in this situation - things like this happen more often than you might think, in my experience
splrtgrt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
tell him and give him half the money, it's only fair.

hey, you two could start a business with this kind of thing!
Anonymous #7
Report 1 year ago
tbh even if it is a troll (which I don't think it is) I'm enjoying the story so it doesn't bother me that much xD
username3507482
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
give into the Gay™
jadey.tw
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think so. The details of the story match with many stories of how LGBT+ people I know worked out that they were attracted to people of the same gender. Also, people don't always realise their sexuality early on. It's perfectly reasonable that OP wouldn't start considering being attracted to the same sex until they found themselves in this situation - things like this happen more often than you might think, in my experience
you're speaking sooooo muchhh truthhhh
mbovett
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jadey.tw)
you're speaking sooooo muchhh truthhhh
ya gotta do what ya gotta do :five:
Anonymous #1
Idk any forums but my best friend is gay and she honestly gives the best relationship and life advice ever (I've had to go to her for help quite a few times xD) I'll ask her if she knows about any forums at all

I also have loooads of friends who aren't straight in some way (gay, bi, pan etc.), although I'm straight myself I've seen other people go through it soooo many times so if you want to dm me at any point if you need some more help, don't hesitate )
The best I can find right now to try is https://lgbtchat.net/forums/question...neral-lgbt.30/

Seems to me like the best bet since it has a section dedicated to general topics and questioning/working out your identity.

And no problem, glad I could help a little! I hope this helps a bit as well :biggrin:
Thank you both so much! I literally know 2 people who aren't straight (my lesbian cousin and the boy himself) so I've no one to talk to in real life really. So I'll check out that forum and keep you all updated on what happens! (I sent him a message asking him to hang out tomorrow, he's replied but I can't get myself to open the message, what if he doesn't want to see me again? I'm pathetic ik)
Anonymous #1
No, I didn't, actually. I'm still not sure if I'm attracted to guys, but I'm also no longer sure I'm attracted to girls... All I know right now is I'm attracted to this one boy.
Rafael1313
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ray shadows you're an arseh*le
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username2820734
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
u r greasy gay
username3832246
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OP so deep in the closet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (300)
15.11%
The paper was reasonable (1099)
55.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (432)
21.75%
It was TERRIBLE (155)
7.8%

Watched Threads