need advice - kissed a guy for a bet Watch

Anonymous #14
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jono*)
just tell him you 1. you were drunk, 2. you're not gay and 3. you'd like to get coffee anyways.

u sure ur not gay tho?
dude follow the story, this is page 9 and they are going out now.
Cam-clark-27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just say who’s this
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ajh7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Alright so I was at this pretty big party last night and was just joking around with some of my mates about sexuality n stuff. One of them then said that I'm apparently so scared of not being straight that I wouldn't kiss a guy for twenty quid. I, slightly drunk and incredibly skint, decided to prove him wrong.

So I approached this bloke who's pretty good looking and openly bisexual. Talked/flirted for a bit then snogged him. Dashed off with a lame excuse and got my money.

But now he's sent me a message on facebook, saying that he had a good time last night and asking me to meet up for coffee. I could've seen this coming honestly because we had a nice chat (and also a pretty nice kiss) and I'm just not sure what to do? I feel a bit bad about "using" him like this, so what should I say?
Please keep threads relevant to the topic of 'students' and 'academia' and 'rooms'. Stop wasting our time. Thank you. Not!!!!
Coke1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't need to be a **** about it.

Just say 'Hey man, sorry you seem nice but it was for a bet, I don't swing that way' etc...
Jono*
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
dude follow the story, this is page 9 and they are going out now.
lol im not gonna read all 9 pages.
so I guess he is gay then..(or bi)
Anonymous #15
Report 1 year ago
This is why women don't have respect
Shiba_Inu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi OP!

I am a lesbian, out to my close friends (and I guess a fair amount of my school year know as well) and kinda out to my family but my parents aren't the most supportive so its a bit awkward in my house. If you still need any advice or someone to talk to feel free to message me at any time!
Anonymous #16
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ajh7)
Please keep threads relevant to the topic of 'students' and 'academia' and 'rooms'. Stop wasting our time. Thank you. Not!!!!
Does it really matter? I think its a forum for everyone and everything!
Anonymous #6
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ajh7)
Just because it's called The Student Room doesn't mean you have to talk about school stuff. How is it a waste of your time when you were one who chose to read the thread and post your own comment? Using an inclusive pronoun - 'our time' - doesn't make you sound any more powerful or correct, it just makes you sound like an idiot since your view is clearly the minority.
mehhh1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ajh7)
u mean stop wasting "ur" time. its not "we." if u dont find it relevant to you and student academia ****... well dont read this thread
mehhh1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jono*)
lol im not gonna read all 9 pages.
so I guess he is gay then..(or bi)
its actually a rlly rlly intresting story tho
mehhh1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh god no I'd be horrified if he found this thread!! He's totally the type of person to be on tsr though so I'm kinda afraid he has read it all and is just laughing at how pathetic I am.

But no seriously I'm really grateful for the fan group and all the support it's given! Which is why I'll share the story of our date (k no it's mostly because I want to gush about him some more... shht)

So we met up at the bus station. He was looking amazing. So much prettier than I remembered him to be. We greeted each other with a little hi and an awkward wave, he seemed nervous, looking at the ground and fidgeting with his jacket. I was very nervous myself too and couldn't come up with anything to say (argh why am I so socially incompetent). So neither of us spoke while waiting, which was so!! awkward!!

Luckily the bus came in pretty soon and when we were seated I told him I'd read his favourite book (that he'd recommended the other day). To me, a literature layman, it was just some dark tale about a poor man making bad decisions. He, however, went into some rant on the deeper philosophical and psychological layers of the book, as well as its historical context, the author, and whatnot. It was actually quite interesting, plus it was cute to see him talk about something that he clearly cares about a lot.

We then arrived at our destination, a small seaside town. We went to play mini golf and man, that boy has the hand-eye coordination of a bloody giraffe, he probably spent more time looking for his ball because it'd gone out of bounds again than actually playing. Needless to say I completely slaughtered him. He turned out to be a pretty sore loser, but that's alright because we all have flaws, it was kinda cute and he forgot about it as soon as he got ice cream. (ok it sounds like he's a massive baby now ahah honestly he's not, he's one of the most smart and mature people i know)

Then we went to the beach. The weather was lovely and we had a wee walk. We finally talked, about school, tv, just small talk really. He also got really hyped because of seashells, pretty much shoving them into my face ("ohhh look at this one, it's so pretty!!"). It was so endearing!

After a while we went into the sand dunes to sit down and it turns out he brought jaffa cakes and wine with him! He said wine's so romantic but he didn't have any glasses with him so we just had to drink straight from the bottle - how romantic indeed. Anyway I'm glad he brought up romance because the whole day nothing had happened between us yet, to the point where I was starting to think he wanted to be just friends. Now that my doubts had been dealt with and there was no one around (sadly I'm still scared of people, even strangers, seeing me being 'gay' in public), I finally touched his hair! (idk why that excites me so much, I guess he just has really soft hair haha). One thing lead to another and we had a lovely snog. He's such a good kisser.

After a while we started walking back to the town, it was getting a bit colder and it was really windy on the beach. Silly me hadn't brought a layer to wear over my t shirt but then he offered me his jacket (how cliche lol). The walk passed in relative silence but, unlike before, it wasn't awkward at all.

When we got back he took me out for a 'romantic dinner' (at the chippy haha). Neither of us were really hungry so we just shared one. I told him about me telling my mum about him. We talked about that for a bit and I said something along the lines of 'she's so excited, basically started planning our wedding, and i'm just like muuum, we're not even official yet'. There was a moment of silence before he asked, in a very shy/tentative/adorable way: 'well, would you want to be?'

I said yes, and he got the biggest smile I've ever seen on that beautiful face of his. Sooooo cute. I kissed him, even though we were in public, but I didn't really care in that moment because holy **** I'd just gotten myself a boyfriend!?

Sadly the day was reaching its end, we took the bus back home and held hands the entire time (a bit scary, some people were definitely looking at us weirdly, but I should really try not to care about that). He suggested we take turns asking each other questions to get to know one another better. I started by asking him if he had any siblings. Yes, one sister, his turn. He asked me what's your biggest fear? Like alright that escalated quickly. I told him I'm afraid of living an empty, unfulfilling life, where every day is the same, nothing ever happens, you don't mean anything to anyone, nothing means anything to you, that sort of thing. I'd never told anyone that before. Turns out his fear is very similar to mine, which is honestly so wonderful.

The bus ride was way too short and soon we were standing at the bus station again, about to go our separate ways. I told him that I'd had a wonderful time and all that. I briefly considered inviting him over to my place for the night but I think that's a bit too soon. We hugged each other goodbye and went home.

Oh woah, I just spent like thirty minutes writing this, it's become way too long! I'm sorry hahah. It was just such an amazing day, he's such an amazing person, I think I'm in love with him. I don't believe in soulmates or anything but if I did I'd definitely think he was mine. And I still have his jacket, which is an amazing excuse to see him again
hey u dont have to tell it now tht u have this thread but one day when u guys r super serious u shld tell him about this thread and im pretty sure he wldnt find u pathetic (even if u tell him now) he will find it cute and ses how much u r into him. And brag and gush all u want about him with us, we are all ears.. (update soon)
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jono*)
just tell him you 1. you were drunk, 2. you're not gay and 3. you'd like to get coffee anyways.

u sure ur not gay tho?
You clearly are way behind on this thread to the point of not reading it.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh god no I'd be horrified if he found this thread!! He's totally the type of person to be on tsr though so I'm kinda afraid he has read it all and is just laughing at how pathetic I am.

But no seriously I'm really grateful for the fan group and all the support it's given! Which is why I'll share the story of our date (k no it's mostly because I want to gush about him some more... shht)

So we met up at the bus station. He was looking amazing. So much prettier than I remembered him to be. We greeted each other with a little hi and an awkward wave, he seemed nervous, looking at the ground and fidgeting with his jacket. I was very nervous myself too and couldn't come up with anything to say (argh why am I so socially incompetent). So neither of us spoke while waiting, which was so!! awkward!!

Luckily the bus came in pretty soon and when we were seated I told him I'd read his favourite book (that he'd recommended the other day). To me, a literature layman, it was just some dark tale about a poor man making bad decisions. He, however, went into some rant on the deeper philosophical and psychological layers of the book, as well as its historical context, the author, and whatnot. It was actually quite interesting, plus it was cute to see him talk about something that he clearly cares about a lot.

We then arrived at our destination, a small seaside town. We went to play mini golf and man, that boy has the hand-eye coordination of a bloody giraffe, he probably spent more time looking for his ball because it'd gone out of bounds again than actually playing. Needless to say I completely slaughtered him. He turned out to be a pretty sore loser, but that's alright because we all have flaws, it was kinda cute and he forgot about it as soon as he got ice cream. (ok it sounds like he's a massive baby now ahah honestly he's not, he's one of the most smart and mature people i know)

Then we went to the beach. The weather was lovely and we had a wee walk. We finally talked, about school, tv, just small talk really. He also got really hyped because of seashells, pretty much shoving them into my face ("ohhh look at this one, it's so pretty!!"). It was so endearing!

After a while we went into the sand dunes to sit down and it turns out he brought jaffa cakes and wine with him! He said wine's so romantic but he didn't have any glasses with him so we just had to drink straight from the bottle - how romantic indeed. Anyway I'm glad he brought up romance because the whole day nothing had happened between us yet, to the point where I was starting to think he wanted to be just friends. Now that my doubts had been dealt with and there was no one around (sadly I'm still scared of people, even strangers, seeing me being 'gay' in public), I finally touched his hair! (idk why that excites me so much, I guess he just has really soft hair haha). One thing lead to another and we had a lovely snog. He's such a good kisser.

After a while we started walking back to the town, it was getting a bit colder and it was really windy on the beach. Silly me hadn't brought a layer to wear over my t shirt but then he offered me his jacket (how cliche lol). The walk passed in relative silence but, unlike before, it wasn't awkward at all.

When we got back he took me out for a 'romantic dinner' (at the chippy haha). Neither of us were really hungry so we just shared one. I told him about me telling my mum about him. We talked about that for a bit and I said something along the lines of 'she's so excited, basically started planning our wedding, and i'm just like muuum, we're not even official yet'. There was a moment of silence before he asked, in a very shy/tentative/adorable way: 'well, would you want to be?'

I said yes, and he got the biggest smile I've ever seen on that beautiful face of his. Sooooo cute. I kissed him, even though we were in public, but I didn't really care in that moment because holy **** I'd just gotten myself a boyfriend!?

Sadly the day was reaching its end, we took the bus back home and held hands the entire time (a bit scary, some people were definitely looking at us weirdly, but I should really try not to care about that). He suggested we take turns asking each other questions to get to know one another better. I started by asking him if he had any siblings. Yes, one sister, his turn. He asked me what's your biggest fear? Like alright that escalated quickly. I told him I'm afraid of living an empty, unfulfilling life, where every day is the same, nothing ever happens, you don't mean anything to anyone, nothing means anything to you, that sort of thing. I'd never told anyone that before. Turns out his fear is very similar to mine, which is honestly so wonderful.

The bus ride was way too short and soon we were standing at the bus station again, about to go our separate ways. I told him that I'd had a wonderful time and all that. I briefly considered inviting him over to my place for the night but I think that's a bit too soon. We hugged each other goodbye and went home.

Oh woah, I just spent like thirty minutes writing this, it's become way too long! I'm sorry hahah. It was just such an amazing day, he's such an amazing person, I think I'm in love with him. I don't believe in soulmates or anything but if I did I'd definitely think he was mine. And I still have his jacket, which is an amazing excuse to see him again
Amazing what came from a bet at a party. Sounds like you are evolving as well by being more open, so envious.

Love all these updates, you two are a great match.
Jono*
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
You clearly are way behind on this thread to the point of not reading it.
As are you, had you read it you would know someone already commented the exact same thing and I already replied that I wasn't going to read all 9 pages.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jono*)
As are you, had you read it you would know someone already commented the exact same thing and I already replied that I wasn't going to read all 9 pages.
I continued on and decided not to remove the comment. But being behind by a day isn't as much as over a week.
Cam-clark-27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ajh7)
Oh my god you were that guy who snitched on people in school for swearing weren’t you if you don’t like a thread just don’t click on it
mehhh1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cam-clark-27)
Oh my god you were that guy who snitched on people in school for swearing weren’t you if you don’t like a thread just don’t click on it
lol shame on tht dude. I wldnt be surprised if he had already reported this thread then.
mehhh1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cam-clark-27)
Wait lmao he has got banned???
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Oh no guys please don't fight on my thread! It's supposed to be full of love and positivity. (oh wow look at me becoming all soft, what's he doing to me hahaha)

Yes!! So happy for you! I love these long updates. I myself also would find it hard if I dated another boy (i am a boy) and holding hands in public. I just feel like I'd get teased! But its amazing that you guys did. You two sound like you really are in love, and please keep updating x
Aw yes I know! It would be so much easier to be with a girl, you can just tell everyone about her and be affectionate in public without being judged. Really hate society sometimes haha. Will keep updating

(Original post by mehhh1234)
hey u dont have to tell it now tht u have this thread but one day when u guys r super serious u shld tell him about this thread and im pretty sure he wldnt find u pathetic (even if u tell him now) he will find it cute and ses how much u r into him. And brag and gush all u want about him with us, we are all ears.. (update soon)
Yeah maybe you're right, I might show him this thread later on! And aw thanks for being all ears, it's great to have people to talk about him to, because I can't with my friends ugh

(Original post by Bio 7)
Amazing what came from a bet at a party. Sounds like you are evolving as well by being more open, so envious.

Love all these updates, you two are a great match.
Aww thank you, that's so sweet! It really means a lot that everyone thinks we're a good match, like it's good that other people are seeing it too and it's not just me who's getting carried away, if that makes sense lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (50)
23.7%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (68)
32.23%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (43)
20.38%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (18)
8.53%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
15.17%

Watched Threads

Latest