The Student Room Group

need advice - kissed a guy for a bet

Scroll to see replies

hi i just read all 11 pgs, took me about an hr instead of doing chem - lol this is def more interesting.
thnk u guys r the sweetest
keep us updated
Im pretty sure your friends would accept you (if they are the good kind, if they arent, well, then its probably the time to distance yourself from them) And im also sure your guy wouldn't find your friends lame or anything... (he is open minded you said? sooo...) So anyways u going on a date soon? Update soon :smile:
Did he tell his friends you were a thing when he invited you over? Or did he make it out that you two were friends? Either way I think now could be a great time to introduce him to your friends or your doubtfulness could just be a signal to wait and see what comes out of the situation. I know you used to have many "lad" friends, who I'm guessing from the context you've given don't seem to keen on members of the LGBT community, but after all it is your life. If you feel they will judge you in a negative way then surely they should not be your friends! Now that your mother knows, do what you think is best. Your closest friends should have your back and be able to give you the approval this time!

Best of luck and keep us updated
Original post by Anonymous
hi i just read all 11 pgs, took me about an hr instead of doing chem - lol this is def more interesting.
thnk u guys r the sweetest
keep us updated

Aw thank you, and good luck with chem! :h:

Original post by mehhh1234
Im pretty sure your friends would accept you (if they are the good kind, if they arent, well, then its probably the time to distance yourself from them) And im also sure your guy wouldn't find your friends lame or anything... (he is open minded you said? sooo...) So anyways u going on a date soon? Update soon

I really hope what you're saying is true! i'm thinking of telling one of my lad friends, he had some difficulties at home last year and I helped him with that and he said that if I ever had something to talk about, he'd be happy to help. He also seems like the most 'decent' one of my friend group, has a long term girlfriend and is pretty serious about school and stuff. But I'm not sure if telling just one of them will get me anywhere, maybe I should just tell the whole group at once?
Maybe I should ask him out on a date, I want to, but I'd have no idea where to go! There's cliche date activities like the cinema but I think he'd prefer something a bit more 'unique'… Anyone have any ideas?

Did he tell his friends you were a thing when he invited you over? Or did he make it out that you two were friends? Either way I think now could be a great time to introduce him to your friends or your doubtfulness could just be a signal to wait and see what comes out of the situation. I know you used to have many "lad" friends, who I'm guessing from the context you've given don't seem to keen on members of the LGBT community, but after all it is your life. If you feel they will judge you in a negative way then surely they should not be your friends! Now that your mother knows, do what you think is best. Your closest friends should have your back and be able to give you the approval this time!

Best of luck and keep us updated

He did tell his friends about us, yeah, I don't even know when. Maybe when we got together, maybe when we first kissed, maybe even before that, when he apparently fancied me. I guess it's easier for him though, since he seems so close with his friends and everyone knows he's bisexual anyway so him liking a boy wasn't gonna be a surprise. I wanted to wait but considering his friends know about us, that might not be a good plan. What if my lad friends find out through other people?
I really hope what you're saying is true! i'm thinking of telling one of my lad friends, he had some difficulties at home last year and I helped him with that and he said that if I ever had something to talk about, he'd be happy to help. He also seems like the most 'decent' one of my friend group, has a long term girlfriend and is pretty serious about school and stuff. But I'm not sure if telling just one of them will get me anywhere, maybe I should just tell the whole group at once?
Maybe I should ask him out on a date, I want to, but I'd have no idea where to go! There's cliche date activities like the cinema but I think he'd prefer something a bit more 'unique'… Anyone have any ideas?
maybe telling them individually is better bc they can all react in diff ways whci h can get awkward but then mayb telling them all together is better bc u all get 2 discuss it together as friends and none of them will get hurt that u told some ppl b4 others, however if u r closest 2 any1 in particular then mayb telling him 1st is a wise idea so that when u tell the rest u no some1 has ur back.
maybe 1st inroduce them 2 ur boy and c how well they get on then depending on that break the news, or tell them then inroduce him.
u can start by saying 'remember how u got me 2 kiss ...... at that party well....'
Aw thank you, and good luck with chem! :h:

He did tell his friends about us, yeah, I don't even know when. Maybe when we got together, maybe when we first kissed, maybe even before that, when he apparently fancied me. I guess it's easier for him though, since he seems so close with his friends and everyone knows he's bisexual anyway so him liking a boy wasn't gonna be a surprise. I wanted to wait but considering his friends know about us, that might not be a good plan. What if my lad friends find out through other people?

I've never actually been in a relationship, but I've been on my fair share of dates :smile:) I live near London though so there's always stacks of stuff to do. Most of my dates were pretty cliche but they might give you some ideas:
- go to the zoo (at night time is more fun :biggrin:)
- walk in the park and have a picnic together (take dogs if you have them)
- go ice skating/rollerskating together
- any interesting landmarks near you?? I went up the Shard and also to the Olympic park and Camden market
- science museum
- photography exhibition
- snowboarding lesson
- butterfly house
- if there's a show on in a local theatre, go to it together
- take him to your fave restaurant or cafe

idk how many of these you'll be able to do because I did them all in London as it's a massive city with loads to do there :smile:
tbh if you can't think of anything to do then maybe just invite him over? you can do datey things at home too like cook or bake together, play video games, or watch a film (I usually find films are nicer at home then at the cinema) You'd obviously have to wait until your dad is out because he doesn't know about your boy

Idk how helpful this will be but I hope it gives you a few ideas :smile:) if you really don't know what to do, just go for the cinema because it's always a solid date option but make sure you sit near the back :P horror films are quite good because even if you hate watching them and get scared easily (like me) it gives you an excuse to cuddle your date which is always fun xD

Also you should definitely tell your friends before they find out by themselves because I can imagine that they will be upset/annoyed that they didn't hear it from you first. I'd talk to your boy and tell him you're worried about it, maybe he can give you some advice about how to tell them as he has been in the same position at some point before?

Best of luck and keep us updated!!
at the end of the day u no ur lad friends best so u shld no in what way u tell them theyll react best 2.
good luck
You are definitely a bit gay if you think that gender doesn’t matter- ‘I just ****ed a guy but I’m not gay bc when you’re ****ing gender doesn’t matter’
I just spent well over an hour reading this thread and it was so worth it! You’re both so sweet! I’m so happy for you! You sound like such a nice, caring guy and you seem very mature for your age too! He’s very lucky to have you! I wish you both the best of luck! Keep us updated, and remember that labels are irrelevant, love is love regardless of what gender you’re attracted to. You be you and don’t ever worry about what other people think or say. I’m gay too btw (21), so I understand how you might feel 😊 Thanks for sharing man! All the best 😃

maybe telling them individually is better bc they can all react in diff ways whci h can get awkward but then mayb telling them all together is better bc u all get 2 discuss it together as friends and none of them will get hurt that u told some ppl b4 others, however if u r closest 2 any1 in particular then mayb telling him 1st is a wise idea so that when u tell the rest u no some1 has ur back.
maybe 1st inroduce them 2 ur boy and c how well they get on then depending on that break the news, or tell them then inroduce him.
u can start by saying 'remember how u got me 2 kiss ...... at that party well....'

at the end of the day u no ur lad friends best so u shld no in what way u tell them theyll react best 2.
good luck

Thank you both so much! I've decided to tell one of my friends first, the one who I expect to be the most supportive/ok with it. See how that goes, then decide how and when to tell the others :smile:. Today, I went to see my boyfriend (feels weird saying that, 'my boyfriend', I can't believe that we're officially seeing each other, aww). I discussed this with him and he helped me think of what to say to the pal I'll be talking to. Tomorrow. Kinda dreading it, but I have to admit my boy and I crafted a pretty damn good story. Will tell you how it goes :smile:

I've never actually been in a relationship, but I've been on my fair share of dates :smile:) I live near London though so there's always stacks of stuff to do. Most of my dates were pretty cliche but they might give you some ideas:
- go to the zoo (at night time is more fun :biggrin:)
- walk in the park and have a picnic together (take dogs if you have them)
- go ice skating/rollerskating together
- any interesting landmarks near you?? I went up the Shard and also to the Olympic park and Camden market
- science museum
- photography exhibition
- snowboarding lesson
- butterfly house
- if there's a show on in a local theatre, go to it together
- take him to your fave restaurant or cafe

idk how many of these you'll be able to do because I did them all in London as it's a massive city with loads to do there :smile:
tbh if you can't think of anything to do then maybe just invite him over? you can do datey things at home too like cook or bake together, play video games, or watch a film (I usually find films are nicer at home then at the cinema) You'd obviously have to wait until your dad is out because he doesn't know about your boy

Idk how helpful this will be but I hope it gives you a few ideas :smile:) if you really don't know what to do, just go for the cinema because it's always a solid date option but make sure you sit near the back :P horror films are quite good because even if you hate watching them and get scared easily (like me) it gives you an excuse to cuddle your date which is always fun xD

Also you should definitely tell your friends before they find out by themselves because I can imagine that they will be upset/annoyed that they didn't hear it from you first. I'd talk to your boy and tell him you're worried about it, maybe he can give you some advice about how to tell them as he has been in the same position at some point before?

Best of luck and keep us updated!!

It's amazing that you live near London, I've always wanted to live there! There's literally nothing to do where I live, there's a castle but I've been there too many times already (and so has he, probably). The only decent city that's kinda nearby would be Aberdeen, but I'm not too keen on going there. Pretty bleak.

Still, thank you so much for your ideas! I love the theatre, so I'll definitely look into that :h:. I guess it's easier to just invite him to my place, my dad often works late anyway so that won't be much of a problem, but it won't feel as special, I think. A horror film actually seems like an amazing plan, I'm literally so bad at watching those! My friends always make fun of me for getting way too scared, so I try and avoid horror as much as I can, but now that I think of it... it is a pretty great excuse for cuddling… hmm.

You are definitely a bit gay if you think that gender doesn’t matter- ‘I just ****ed a guy but I’m not gay bc when you’re ****ing gender doesn’t matter’

Haha yeah you're right, I was definitely lying to myself earlier lol

I just spent well over an hour reading this thread and it was so worth it! You’re both so sweet! I’m so happy for you! You sound like such a nice, caring guy and you seem very mature for your age too! He’s very lucky to have you! I wish you both the best of luck! Keep us updated, and remember that labels are irrelevant, love is love regardless of what gender you’re attracted to. You be you and don’t ever worry about what other people think or say. I’m gay too btw (21), so I understand how you might feel 😊 Thanks for sharing man! All the best 😃

Aww this is so so sweet, thanks a lot!! At first I didn't dare admit I fancied a boy, but now I'm quite alright with it. I still care what other people think or say, though, but hopefully that'll go away too. I've been thinking about my sexuality but don't feel like labelling myself (yet). Just been looking at people on the streets and stuff, girls are cute but I think boys might be cuter. Doesn't really matter anyway, because I've found myself a boy I really like and I hope I won't be looking for a new person anytime soon :smile:
Thank you both so much! I've decided to tell one of my friends first, the one who I expect to be the most supportive/ok with it. See how that goes, then decide how and when to tell the others :smile:. Today, I went to see my boyfriend (feels weird saying that, 'my boyfriend', I can't believe that we're officially seeing each other, aww). I discussed this with him and he helped me think of what to say to the pal I'll be talking to. Tomorrow. Kinda dreading it, but I have to admit my boy and I crafted a pretty damn good story. Will tell you how it goes :smile:

aaaaaaaaaaah really excited to hear how it goes, hope it goes well.
good luck:smile:
when is tommorow coming?????
Has anyone else had the thought that this guy is making this up as it goes along for the bants? (Obvs if this isn't then sry m8, no offence was just wondering) but after reading all 11 pages instead of revising for my GCSE chemistry paper tomorrow I'm a tad suspicious at how stereotypical this is...srsly someone else must have picked up on this. Again no offence and ngl very happy that this forum doesn't have a dislike button.

i no i keep coming on 2 c if there r any updates

Original post by Cyber Curry
Has anyone else had the thought that this guy is making this up as it goes along for the bants? (Obvs if this isn't then sry m8, no offence was just wondering) but after reading all 11 pages instead of revising for my GCSE chemistry paper tomorrow I'm a tad suspicious at how stereotypical this is...srsly someone else must have picked up on this. Again no offence and ngl very happy that this forum doesn't have a dislike button.

if it is made up then lol he did a pretty good job at keeping it up 4 so long & if its not made up then its then tsr is a good place where he can say stuff and get support and advice, plus its an epic story :smile::smile:
Fair enough, fair enough- I only mentioned it because devils advocate. :devil3:

So now you have learnt to put suspense eh? At least tell us the story u made... pls..
Reply 216
Aww this is so so sweet, thanks a lot!! At first I didn't dare admit I fancied a boy, but now I'm quite alright with it. I still care what other people think or say, though, but hopefully that'll go away too. I've been thinking about my sexuality but don't feel like labelling myself (yet). Just been looking at people on the streets and stuff, girls are cute but I think boys might be cuter. Doesn't really matter anyway, because I've found myself a boy I really like and I hope I won't be looking for a new person anytime soon :smile:

Aberdeen isn't so bad but yeah there isn't much to do here so your options are quite limited. Spending time together though is the main thing while you are still both young and a new couple.

I'm sure you will both have fun whatever you choose to do.
is there a time difference between mcr & scotland?

So now you have learnt to put suspense eh? At least tell us the story u made... pls..

is there a time difference between mcr & scotland?

Hahaha didn't know you guys enjoyed this thread this much, but here's the story of how I told my friend.

I started by asking him if he remembered the party bet kiss thing, he said yeah. Next I told him about the boy sending me a message, me feeling really bad about using him like that, and meeting up with him for coffee. I also made some comments to try and see if he had a problem with my boy/gay people in general, such as "I was expecting him to be kinda pretentious, with his smiths t shirts, straight A grades and poetry" (to which my friend said "hmm true, I don't really know him though, might be a nice bloke"), and (this one's not actually true, just wanted to see what he'd say) "I felt sorry for taking advantage of him like that... but maybe that's what you deserve when you're gay?" (upon which my friend just frowned, bless him). So then I told him that I'd enjoyed spending time with the boy, and that I wanted to be his friend. Then, moving on to an entirely different topic, I asked my friend if he remembered GCSE English. We had this really hot teacher with large boobs whom we felt really turned on by. But she was a bit odd, and most people in our school disliked her, so we were embarrassed and afraid that people'd find out about our little crush, and we tried to stop looking at her boobs. But we couldn't. My friend was like "yeah, yeah, I remember, but what does this have to do with that boy?" Now it was time for the big reveal, and knowing me I got nervous and forgot what to say, so I just went something like "well, it's very different, because there's nothing wrong with it, but it's also very similar, because I'm afraid of people finding out, and I didn't want it at first, so I tried to stop it, but I just couldn't, yknow?"

My friend was looking at me weirdly, and then he said something like "alright, thanks for the ted talk, but there's nothing wrong with you befriending a new person, even if he seems uncool"

"No, you've misunderstood," I said, "I'm in love with him"

"Oh"

He then made a joke about how he should've known wasn't straight because I care about my hair too much (apparently). I just interpreted that as a lad version of "I'm alright with it", so I thanked him and told him I wanted to tell the rest of the lads. He didn't really have any advice though, just that I should tell them indeed.

I'm honestly soooo relieved that went well! Now I've only gotta tell the other lads, and my dad (really dreading that one)

Original post by Bio 7
Aberdeen isn't so bad but yeah there isn't much to do here so your options are quite limited. Spending time together though is the main thing while you are still both young and a new couple.

I'm sure you will both have fun whatever you choose to do.

Thank you! He's coming to my place tomorrow to have dinner with my mum and I (she wants to get to know him) so I'll just ask him to stay over to watch a film afterwards :h:

Does anyone have any film recommendations? (I wouldn't know what he likes, might be something dark and philosophical, might be romantic comedies… both, probably)
when u telling the rest of ur friends and ur dad???
glad it went well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending