Does a nose piercing or cartilage one hurt more?

Watch
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
so im getting both pierced on june 15th and idkk which one is more painfull
Perceval
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I found neither hurt. It depends where you're getting the piercings, though - do you mean cartridge as in helix? Or scaffolding? Scaffold was killer for me, the pierced bit next to your head, but every other cartilage piercing for me hasn't hurt at all.

Nose piercings are a breeze. I found neither the nose or septum hurt.
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Perceval)
I found neither hurt. It depends where you're getting the piercings, though - do you mean cartridge as in helix? Or scaffolding? Scaffold was killer for me, the pierced bit next to your head, but every other cartilage piercing for me hasn't hurt at all.

Nose piercings are a breeze. I found neither the nose or septum hurt.
no just helix and also not to be funny but when ur cleaning out ur nose what about the piercing?
username3089298
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My nose piercing was the second most painful piercing I had (and I have had a few) but my nose cartilage is rather thick
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd rank them about the same. I've my nostril and septum pierced as well as multiple ear piercings. Lip was the one that really struck me.

Healing-wise, nose is most irritating but you get used to it.
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
I'd rank them about the same. I've my nostril and septum pierced as well as multiple ear piercings. Lip was the one that really struck me.

Healing-wise, nose is most irritating but you get used to it.
i dont want loads i have 2 in each lobe and now am getting a cartilage and nose
but does it hurt after u take it out first time
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
(Original post by GreenRose)
My nose piercing was the second most painful piercing I had (and I have had a few) but my nose cartilage is rather thick
does that mean the more thicker the more it hurts?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PrazzPrazz)
i dont want loads i have 2 in each lobe and now am getting a cartilage and nose
but does it hurt after u take it out first time
Once they've healed up properly they're about the same honestly.
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Once they've healed up properly they're about the same honestly.
kay coz i feel like im being a pussy and thts weird coz when my bf was gettin his first piercing in lobe im the one who gave advice and my grandma has a nose piercin and keeps tellin me to shut up lol kay imma just go for it
username3089298
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
does that mean the more thicker the more it hurts?
I think it just felt like took longer for the needle to go through. Certainly made my eyes water! With regards to healing, my nose healed really quickly with no problems - I think that is something to do with the blood flow going to your face. Helix piercings are a big more annoying if you like sleeping on your side
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
I think it just felt like took longer for the needle to go through. Certainly made my eyes water! With regards to healing, my nose healed really quickly with no problems - I think that is something to do with the blood flow going to your face. Helix piercings are a big more annoying if you like sleeping on your side
omg needle cant u do it with gun?
username3089298
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A reputable piercer will use a needle. Piercing guns cannot be cleaned properly so are more likely to cause an infection. It also damages the cells surrounding the piercing making it more likely to scar.

Just hold your breath and count to 10! That seems to work for me. Also, if you go for the helix, ask if they can use the freezing anaesthetic spray as that will numb your ear as they do it. Not sure if they do it for nose piercings though
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
A reputable piercer will use a needle. Piercing guns cannot be cleaned properly so are more likely to cause an infection. It also damages the cells surrounding the piercing making it more likely to scar.

Just hold your breath and count to 10! That seems to work for me. Also, if you go for the helix, ask if they can use the freezing anaesthetic spray as that will numb your ear as they do it. Not sure if they do it for nose piercings though
okay i shuldnt be worrying too much considering my sister in law, grandma and aunty all think im bein scared but yeah i need to ask them how they got it
PrazzPrazz
Rep:
?
do you reccomend changin both helix and nose after to a ring i want to personally coz i like the look but comfort wisE?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (71)
22.98%
Excited but a bit nervous (137)
44.34%
Not bothered either way (37)
11.97%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.71%

Watched Threads