Straight people, how often do you question your sexuality or gender?

Watch this thread
howgooditis
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Not necessarily be in massive doubt, but I mean think about it regularly and not be 100%.

22 and still confused. I know I don't need to put a label on anything and I do just go with the flow but I wonder if I think excessively about it. Maybe things would have been different if I didn't grow up with stuff like sugar rush and skins...

My friends aren't that open with this kind of stuff so that's why I'm asking here.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I never have, so I'm lucky in that respect.
G_Singh145
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by howgooditis)
Not necessarily be in massive doubt, but I mean think about it regularly and not be 100%.

22 and still confused. I know I don't need to put a label on anything and I do just go with the flow but I wonder if I think excessively about it. Maybe things would have been different if I didn't grow up with stuff like sugar rush and skins...

My friends aren't that open with this kind of stuff so that's why I'm asking here.
I’m straight and I have never questioned my sexuality, but all people are different, so go your own rate and take it slow.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I've never properly questioned being straight. There was one time though I remember forcing myself to "question" it because it was that time in school where everyone was really nosy about people having boyfriends or girlfriends or crushes so I remember thinking that I have to at least try to question it because that's what everyone was doing, and it was considered unusual to not question being straight.

But no, I've always known I'm straight.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
everyone's bi.

most people ask the question at some point in their lives.

you need a wider group of friends!! lol
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm a straight guy, but I question and test my sexuality pretty often - though not in practice, if you know what I mean. It's more that I like to force myself to think about the occasional attractive guy I see on the street in the same attraction-ish way that I think about random attractive girls I see on the street. It doesn't generally work - because I'm straight! - but because sexuality can be complex and fluid, I like to keep an open mind; I don't want to miss out on anything.
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'd be lying if I said I never have thought about it but then again, I never found a guy remotely attractive as a way I would find a girl so I come back to reality. The furthest my emotions would go/has towards a male would be admiration/respect.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
In terms of questioning my gender - I sometimes do that, too. The idea of being or becoming female has never really appealed to me, but I'm not particularly attached to my masculinity, either; if I was going to come out as something other than conventionally male, I would probably be some sort of genderfluid or agender person. All the same I'm not so enthusiastic about not being male that I would actually make that kind of decision. I am basically content as who and what I am.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hah! STRAAAAAIGHT
mcgxll
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I see some guys as attractive but I'm not attracted to them like I'm attracted to girls, because I'm straight. Like I can understand why people find someone attractive or other qualities but I've never really felt a romantic attraction to a guy, just respect.
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm straight and never had any doubts about it.

Pictures of hot women + me = massive hard on = I'm not gay*, hallelujah!!.

*Nothing wrong with being gay, but I think they're missing out on the super hotness of the female kind.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
When I was younger I used to question my sexuality frequently but it came to a point where I just couldn’t actually see myself being sexually or romantically involved with another female so that’s how I made my conclusion
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
idk, not really; don't get what there is to think about

When you like someone you will know, why force myself to wonder IF i will like them?
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
i kinda just go with the flow, ive kissed dudes and ladies and bi far girls are better kissers. but i would consider myself straight
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
I question my gender a lot tbh, I just feel like I’m stuck in a never ending confusion on whether I really am bi (which I’m doubting now) or whether I identify as male and interested in men which would make me gay? I feel I’m the latter describes me better but it makes me feel small and isolated.

I feel like even though I was born female, I always identified with gay guys, like the ones who are effeminate but clearly male and identifying as such.

I’m a very stressed and confused person
Anonymous #5
Report 3 years ago
I am a heterosexual female. But, I have definitely questioned my sexuality. I have had full on crushes on other girls. The kind of crush where you think about her and your heart beats fast when they enter a room. This happened for me primarily in my tween years and early high school. But, when I would think about it and try to process, wondering if I might be bi, I would ask myself would I really want to touch that girl in a sexual way, make out etc., and my honest answer was always "no". I didn't want to "be with" any of those girls sexually. Not sure why I had such a physical response or crush on a girl I didn't want to be with sexually but I did. As a child when I imagined kissing etc. it was always with a boy. As an older teen when I imaged going farther than kissing..... it was always with a guy. Now I can say I have only ever been with and only ever wanted to be in a physical relationship with guys and I still have no desire to romantically or sexually touch another woman.

I think human sexuality is kind of weird. It is easy to get confused. But now I can say that you have a crush on the same sex but actually not be homo or bi- sexual.
howgooditis
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a heterosexual female. But, I have definitely questioned my sexuality. I have had full on crushes on other girls. The kind of crush where you think about her and your heart beats fast when they enter a room. This happened for me primarily in my tween years and early high school. But, when I would think about it and try to process, wondering if I might be bi, I would ask myself would I really want to touch that girl in a sexual way, make out etc., and my honest answer was always "no". I didn't want to "be with" any of those girls sexually. Not sure why I had such a physical response or crush on a girl I didn't want to be with sexually but I did. As a child when I imagined kissing etc. it was always with a boy. As an older teen when I imaged going farther than kissing..... it was always with a guy. Now I can say I have only ever been with and only ever wanted to be in a physical relationship with guys and I still have no desire to romantically or sexually touch another woman.

I think human sexuality is kind of weird. It is easy to get confused. But now I can say that you have a crush on the same sex but actually not be homo or bi- sexual.
Yeah I've had crushes on girls as well. Not necessarily pretty ones, just girls with a certain vibe. Also always been sexually attracted to girls (more often than boys) but dating a girl doesn't really appeal to me. I have better connections with boys.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Never.....
howgooditis
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
I question my gender a lot tbh, I just feel like I’m stuck in a never ending confusion on whether I really am bi (which I’m doubting now) or whether I identify as male and interested in men which would make me gay? I feel I’m the latter describes me better but it makes me feel small and isolated.

I feel like even though I was born female, I always identified with gay guys, like the ones who are effeminate but clearly male and identifying as such.

I’m a very stressed and confused person
Lol I can relate. You've basically described me as well.
I appear to be a straight, slightly bicurious female but deep down I'm basically a bisexual boy. However I'd rather continue my current life than change my gender. I think I would have just preferred to have been born a boy.
JPaxt
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Recently I been questioning my sexuality Alot but only slightly my gender Im straight I think but I'm not sure and at times I've felt like my birth gender (male)
But again recently sometimes I feel female and I'm not what to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads