Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm two weeks away from starting my A-level exams and I've run into some personal problems that seem to be stressing me out. I believe this stress (combined with general exam stress) is the cause of my recent sleep troubles.
    I haven't properly slept in a few days besides ten minutes here and there, despite barely having the energy to almost anything including concentrate on what I'm studying. Even eating feels like too much effort.
    I've tried cutting down on caffeine, especially at night, and try to avoid using my phone when in bed (obviously with this exception) but nothing seems to be helping.
    Had a real scare this evening when I fainted after a bath. I think the stress and the heat caused this but it has really freaked me out and I want to avoid it happening again.

If anyone has any advice to help me in this situation i would be so so grateful!! Please!!

Try and take some time before bed to relax, watch a bit of TV or listen to music.

Listening to music helps me sleep if I find it hard, just being aware of your breathing can be helpful too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Try and take some time before bed to relax, watch a bit of TV or listen to music.

Listening to music helps me sleep if I find it hard, just being aware of your breathing can be helpful too.
    I tend to avoid TV shows at night because I get sucked in and watch too much. But I will try the music? Any recommendations? Most of my playlists are very fast, not sure if I could fall asleep to them 🤔

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I must sound so repetitive but Lana Del Rey is so calming to sleep to.

Born to Die or Lust For Life (slightly more pop-y) are amazing

I'm in the same position.
    Have you tried finding some apps on your phone that can help you with anxiety?
    Have you tried speaking to someone, maybe a trusted teacher?

Personally, I find speaking to a trusted teacher puts me at ease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in the same position.
    Have you tried finding some apps on your phone that can help you with anxiety?
    Have you tried speaking to someone, maybe a trusted teacher?

Personally, I find speaking to a trusted teacher puts me at ease.
    I tried speaking to a teacher but he is very much the 'man up' kind of guy so it wasn't as helpful as I'd hoped going in.
    I didn't know there were such apps but I must have a look for them, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohdearstudying)
    I must sound so repetitive but Lana Del Rey is so calming to sleep to.

Born to Die or Lust For Life (slightly more pop-y) are amazing
    I think the only song by Lana Del Rey I ever heard was Summertime Sadness because a friend had it on repeat but I'll have a look!!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Affection- Jinsang

Just search that.

ReputationRep:
    Can't seem to properly respond or quote your message

Some of my favourites and most calming of hers:

Love*
    Born to Die*
    National Anthem
    Off to the Races
    13 Beaches
    Cherry
    Get Free
    In My Feelings*
    Ride*
    This Is What Makes Us Girls

* next to the best one's

Let me know what you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ereid106)
    So I'm two weeks away from starting my A-level exams and I've run into some personal problems that seem to be stressing me out. I believe this stress (combined with general exam stress) is the cause of my recent sleep troubles.
    I haven't properly slept in a few days besides ten minutes here and there, despite barely having the energy to almost anything including concentrate on what I'm studying. Even eating feels like too much effort.
    I've tried cutting down on caffeine, especially at night, and try to avoid using my phone when in bed (obviously with this exception) but nothing seems to be helping.
    Had a real scare this evening when I fainted after a bath. I think the stress and the heat caused this but it has really freaked me out and I want to avoid it happening again.

If anyone has any advice to help me in this situation i would be so so grateful!! Please!!

Have you gone to see your GP yet? I'd honestly advice you to do that first. How is your diet? Are you eating healthy food (lots of veggies and protein) on a regular interval and drinking lots of water?

To tackle your stress, try taking a day off from revision and use it to relax. Don't spend all day studying (I'd recommend only 4hrs) and try to do things you enjoy (as well as going outdoor). One thing I tend to do when I can't take my mind of revision is to do an intense workout, mainly at night time where I feel more anxious andI tend to sleep afterwards.

Don't worry too much about your exams, and make sure you are taking care of your health first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Have you gone to see your GP yet? I'd honestly advice you to do that first. How is your diet? Are you eating healthy food (lots of veggies and protein) on a regular interval and drinking lots of water?

To tackle your stress, try taking a day off from revision and use it to relax. Don't spend all day studying (I'd recommend only 4hrs) and try to do things you enjoy (as well as going outdoor). One thing I tend to do when I can't take my mind of revision is to do an intense workout, mainly at night time where I feel more anxious andI tend to sleep afterwards.

Don't worry too much about your exams, and make sure you are taking care of your health first.
    I've had problems with constant exhaustion for a while so I did go to my go a while ago and was prescribed folic acid tablets after a blood test. I have been taking them and have been a lot better until just a few days ago. Not sure if I should go back or not until the full course is done?

Otherwise I'm fairly healthy, though i suppose I could do with some more exercise.

4hours? :O the teachers in our school preach 8hours a day while on study leave, is that too much?

ReputationRep:
    I've had problems with constant exhaustion for a while so I did go to my go a while ago and was prescribed folic acid tablets after a blood test. I have been taking them and have been a lot better until just a few days ago. Not sure if I should go back or not until the full course is done?

Otherwise I'm fairly healthy, though i suppose I could do with some more exercise.

4hours? :O the teachers in our school preach 8hours a day while on study leave, is that too much?
    Im not really qualified or educated enough to recommend whether you should or not (it's really up to your GP, or even pharmacist).

Revising for 8hr is pointless as you're not really going to make use of all that time. Rather than 8 I'd say keep it to max 6hrs. Study for 25-30mins (since majority of the people have short attention span and cannot study for a long length of time), then take 5-10mins break, and repeat until you've done around 4hrs worth of studying, which you then take a break that's longer than an hour and repeat.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Go see your GP

ReputationRep:

Sleep. Meditate. Exercise. Revise. Eat. Repeat.

ReputationRep:
    id go get some beta blockers from doc they work really well
    then just spend a day not doing anything to recover

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.