The Student Room Group

Blowjob anxiety

Hi, I have this guy that I'm really into, and I'm going on a date w him soon. The issue is that this will be my first real relationship w a guy. And I know that eventually we are gonna wanna do stuff. I'm really nervous just because my mouth is really small? It doesn't open very wide, and I'm worried that if I went to give him a blowjob at some point, it either wouldn't fit in my mouth or would be very uncomfortable for him. I know I don't have to give oral, and I think part of me does kind of feel expected to(not from him as he hasn't mentioned it, these are all my own worries. Just from society really) but I want to be able to. I think I'm just working myself up about it really. But are these worries normal before having oral w a guy? Will he resent me if I don't give blowjobs? If I can't fit it in my mouth, is it okay if I just give a really good hand job w some tongue action? And is it just my head telling me it won't fit? Bc I can barely fit 3 fingers vertically in my mouth and I don't want to grind my teeth on his penis 😂.

Scroll to see replies

It's normal to be anxious before you do anything for the first time. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, and he has no right to resent you for that. Do what feels good and comfortable for both of you and don't let him pressure you into doing anything you don't want to. He isn't entitled to anything.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have this guy that I'm really into, and I'm going on a date w him soon. The issue is that this will be my first real relationship w a guy. And I know that eventually we are gonna wanna do stuff. I'm really nervous just because my mouth is really small? It doesn't open very wide, and I'm worried that if I went to give him a blowjob at some point, it either wouldn't fit in my mouth or would be very uncomfortable for him. I know I don't have to give oral, and I think part of me does kind of feel expected to(not from him as he hasn't mentioned it, these are all my own worries. Just from society really) but I want to be able to. I think I'm just working myself up about it really. But are these worries normal before having oral w a guy? Will he resent me if I don't give blowjobs? If I can't fit it in my mouth, is it okay if I just give a really good hand job w some tongue action? And is it just my head telling me it won't fit? Bc I can barely fit 3 fingers vertically in my mouth and I don't want to grind my teeth on his penis 😂.

Tbh I wouldn’t really worry about the whole blowjob problem like just enjoy your date and don’t worry about what society thinks you should do to a guy in order to please him! Your presence should do just about that!! But if you are going to give one then I would recommend that you be honest to him about it or if u don’t want to do that and u don’t feel comfortable doing it then you could possibly just give some sort of excuse and give him a handjob instead. When I first gave one I had the same worries but it all turned out okay in the end. Just don’t overthink it.
Wow must be a hard life having anxiety over whether or not you can fit a **** in your mouth...
Reply 4
Tbh I wouldn’t really worry about the whole blowjob problem like just enjoy your date and don’t worry about what society thinks you should do to a guy in order to please him! Your presence should do just about that!! But if you are going to give one then I would recommend that you be honest to him about it or if u don’t want to do that and u don’t feel comfortable doing it then you could possibly just give some sort of excuse and give him a handjob instead. When I first gave one I had the same worries but it all turned out okay in the end. Just don’t overthink it.

Just watch Deep Throat, practice on bananas and then suck it
Lmao why are you thinking about this before your first date?

I mean why bother with a date if you're so certain you'll be doing that, why not just get straight to it.

But if you're a troll, you fooled me good.
Original post by A giant chicken
Wow must be a hard life having anxiety over whether or not you can fit a **** in your mouth...

mmmmm OP sounds like A giant chicken
:rolleyes:
Original post by interrupting cow

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove along kiddo
Reply 9

Sorry for the poor wording. I do have generalised anxiety but I don't have a whole disorder about blowjobs 😂 this is just something that I'm worrying about atm. I get nervous about everything, like how I'm going to walk into a room tbh or open a door. I just overthink really little stuff too much. Sorry.

This is really good advice thank you! I do want to try and enjoy it, I just get worried that hell expect it or something, and then I'll be bad at it. I think I'm getting ahead of myself really but yeah 😅
Reply 11

I'm free to help widen that mouth of yours😉 You can thank me later just pm me
mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove along kiddo

Oh moo, not again! Milk we get a respite for a while first?
Sorry for the poor wording. I do have generalised anxiety but I don't have a whole disorder about blowjobs 😂 this is just something that I'm worrying about atm. I get nervous about everything, like how I'm going to walk into a room tbh or open a door. I just overthink really little stuff too much. Sorry.

Oh alright then. I was gonna say. Still seems like a stupid thing to worry about (coming from someone who also has generalised anxiety). Just enjoy the date if ur not trolling lol

Genuinely just stop. You can get anxiety about anything and being anxious about sex is completely normal. Making fun of that anxiety is not going to help in any way
Original post by Elyzarie
Genuinely just stop. You can get anxiety over anything. Anxiety over sex is normal and should not be made fun of

Thank u :smile:
Lmao why are you thinking about this before your first date?

I mean why bother with a date if you're so certain you'll be doing that, why not just get straight to it.

But if you're a troll, you fooled me good.

Hi there, it's not that I really think we are going to do it, because I doubt we would and tbh I would feel uncomfortable because it stresses me out so much. Its more me just getting ahead of myself really and thinking about if I get into a relationship w him or something etc etc.
Original post by interrupting cow

Nice one
Oh alright then. I was gonna say. Still seems like a stupid thing to worry about (coming from someone who also has generalised anxiety). Just enjoy the date if ur not trolling lol

I completely agree it is pretty stupid tbh 😂 I just get ahead of myself really and start worrying about every little thing that could happen and how it could go wrong.
Reply 19
Regardless of whether you give him one or not, it will fit in your mouth.

Quick Reply

Latest