Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! So I came across an article that spoke about a new French law where men could get fined €750 for catcalling but men couldn’t not fine women.

I spoke to some people about this and they strongly disagreed with me and told me that I was selfish and just like any other white male and that they wanted to ‘slap my ignorant little face and kick the masculinity out of my balls’.

Honestly I believe the law should be for both women and men because both men and women get sexually assaulted, verbally and physically.
    This is where them people disagreed because they say it happens to women more so they should be able to do somthing about it. I know it happens to women more than men but that doesn’t mean that men shouldn’t be able to do something about what had happened to them.

Does anyone have anything that could help me out or just inform me if I got anything wrong?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Cat calling can be useful if you have a cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    Cat calling can be useful if you have a cat.
    Okay fair enough 😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    guaranteed there is a french law that protects men from being sexually assaulted or harassed; i think you have nothing to worry about there. okay, indeed men can't use 'this' specific law, for some reason, but they can argue under the harassment law that protects everyone.

not saying i agree with this, btw; they obviously wrote it gender specific for political reasons (to look good). but in france's defence, it's a surprisingly valid concern. i googled it and 83% of french women reported being harassed on public transport. i know what that feels like (in Toronto, not there). on christmas eve a few years ago a man gave me the pleasure of jerking himself off in front of me. oh the horror stories women could tell if you actually believed us.

ReputationRep:
    We should make all laws based on emotions and ban everything that people don't like. /s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joleee)
    guaranteed there is a french law that protects men from being sexually assaulted or harassed; i think you have nothing to worry about there. okay, indeed men can't use 'this' specific law, for some reason, but they can argue under the harassment law that protects everyone.

not saying i agree with this, btw; they obviously wrote it gender specific for political reasons (to look good). but in france's defence, it's a surprisingly valid concern. i googled it and 83% of french women reported being harassed on public transport. i know what that feels like (in Toronto, not there). on christmas eve a few years ago a man gave me the pleasure of jerking himself off in front of me. oh the horror stories women could tell if you actually believed us.
    I've had a woman shouting at me between sucking on a rampant rabbit/groping herself. Get it out of your head that this type of thing only happens to women.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    I've had a woman shouting at me between sucking on a rampant rabbit/groping herself. Get it out of your head that this type of thing only happens to women.
    where did i say this only happens to women? i suggest you re-read my comment.

ReputationRep:
    where did i say this only happens to women? i suggest you re-read my comment.
    "oh the horror stories women could tell if you actually believed us."

Why would guys not believe you when it happens to them too?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    "oh the horror stories women could tell if you actually believed us."

Why would guys not believe you when it happens to them too?
    i'm not going to argue with someone who has no reading comprehension, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not going to argue with someone who has no reading comprehension, sorry.
    Ok pumpkin, have a nice day.

ReputationRep:

Omg how disgusting of him to do that 🤬 thanks for telling me about that other law though how exactly does it work?

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.