?
Report 10 years ago
I did ten GCSE's.
purple-girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't the Yr 10 science modules count towards the seperate science GCSEs, so you only get 11.5 lil_miss_rapunzel? Like, you did B1/C1/P1 last year and B2/3, C2/3 and P2/3 this year?

Not meaning to put you down or anything =). Good luck everyone .
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you dont get a double awad in the aqa gcse thing.. you just get 3 seperate gcse (basically 3 instead of 2)
Indeed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I will be doing/have done.. *thinks*.. 10.5 I think? Seems a good number to me (:
orionmoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
10.5 - half a GCSE in RE, which I happily got an E in xD
lil_miss_rapunzel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by purple-girl)
Don't the Yr 10 science modules count towards the seperate science GCSEs, so you only get 11.5 lil_miss_rapunzel? Like, you did B1/C1/P1 last year and B2/3, C2/3 and P2/3 this year?

Not meaning to put you down or anything =). Good luck everyone .
Hi- no we all get 4 Science GCSEs in my school. We're on OCR Gateway, where there are 6 modules in each science, and last year we did the complete Core Science GCSE, which is modules 1-2 of each Science, and that GCSE is separate to the individual Biology, Chemistry, Physics ones we are doing this year, so we have to sit the core modules again within each Science, like in Jan we did papers in modules 1-3 for each of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and in June we're doing the same for modules 4-6.

Sorry that probably didn't make any sense- its really hard to explain lol

Helena xxx
Meliae
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Way too many... let's see... 2 maths, 2 English, 3 sciences, 4 languages, music, textiles, ICT (was doing 2 but dropped 1) and short course RE. That's... 14.5. Also, Asset French and additional maths. I didn't really mean to end up with so many. I mean, the minimum you can do at my school is 2 maths (everyone does statistics), 2 English, 2 sciences, 2 ICT (you have to do either double science and double IT or triple science and single IT), 1 language (as well as asset languages in y11), 1 DT subject and 2 other subjects. That's 12. I did a language as one of my other subjects (though I didn't know that at the time) and then took 2 more this year as we did them a year early and have to either replace them or do asset courses in them this year. If I'd have known at the time I was going to end up with so many languages, I'd have done history instead of German. (We were the pilot for doing languages a year early so no-one knew what was going to happen.)
purple-girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lil_miss_rapunzel)
Hi- no we all get 4 Science GCSEs in my school. We're on OCR Gateway, where there are 6 modules in each science, and last year we did the complete Core Science GCSE, which is modules 1-2 of each Science, and that GCSE is separate to the individual Biology, Chemistry, Physics ones we are doing this year, so we have to sit the core modules again within each Science, like in Jan we did papers in modules 1-3 for each of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and in June we're doing the same for modules 4-6.

Sorry that probably didn't make any sense- its really hard to explain lol

Helena xxx
Ah, that makes sense . Thanks for clearing that up .
Cooro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's been a couple of years since I did my GCSEs :p: I did 11: Maths, Double award science, English language, English literature, Religious Studies, History, PE, ICT, German and Textiles.
.x.alexa.x.
Report 10 years ago
I did Statistics and Science last year. This year I'm doing:
English
English Lit
Maths
Add. Maths
Add. Science
R.S
French
Drama
History
IT
German
Nyghtshade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
electriic_ink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People on here do LOADS. I'm only doing 9.5 and you only need about 10 in total.
x.beth.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did 11 last year. Although I only studied for 9 of them in school, the other two (Statistics and Economics) were just exams I was entered by the school. Subjects are in my sig.
louisepwhu
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Uhm im doing 15 GCSE's, but I only have 10 subjects lol
Eng (worth2)
Maths (inc stats worth 2)
Science (worth 2)
diploma in sport (worth 4)
art
history
IT
citizenship (worth 0.5)
RE (worth 0.5)
PE, did last year
$weetie
Report 10 years ago
Yeah i think i had about 9 subjects but including each exam for each subject it totalled quite alot. It does feel like waaay too much at the time but its all worth it @ the end. Good luck
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did 11.5
rachxl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll be gaining 13.5 GCSE's as well as an additional maths... thing. I'm not sure what it is. I'd say it doesn't total up to THAT much work, but because I'm doing art and graphics, i spend alot of time just on coursework for those subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (48)
29.45%
No - I got the required grades (95)
58.28%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (20)
12.27%

Watched Threads