Turn on thread page Beta

All my mates have recently got into drugs watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay, me and my mates go to alot of parties, we throw a lot of parties, we go up town and we have a cracking time. I'm not much of a big drinker, I just like to dance pull and have a good time, but my mates have recently all been getting into proper hard drugs and its really beginning to bother me. They started with weed, which I'm cool with, but now theyre all into coke, pills and ketamine, and its getting rather scary. I wouldnt say I'm really really against drugs, but I just don't like them, I've seen people get proper messed up on them but now all my mates are doing it and I don't really know what to do. I kinda feel like when I'm around them and theyre doing it, its kinda my responsibility to look out for them if something goes wrong or if theyre high out of their trolley, and I don't really think thats fair.
    And before anyone says join in with them, I don't really want too. Its a waste of money and I'd actually rather just enjoy myself drug-free.
    And before anyone says get new mates, I really really like this lot, and its not as simple as getting new friends, is it?

Any advice welcomed. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Tell them.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and may I also pre-empt a 'Talk to Frank'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Tell them.
    You want me to tell them I'm worried about them because they're doing drugs?
    I really don't think that'll change a fat lot tbf.

ReputationRep:
    i have the same problems, mine are all heavily into magic mushrooms and weed, whic im against as i hate the idea
    so any help apreciated

ReputationRep:
    "And before anyone says get new mates, I really really like this lot, and its not as simple as getting new friends, is it?"

Yes it is.
    I liked all my mates too... when the "in thing" became lets go down to the vauxhall dealership and get stoned everyday I found a new set.
    Suggest you do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d0mz)
    You want me to tell them I'm worried about them because they're doing drugs?
    I really don't think that'll change a fat lot tbf.
    You don't want to talk to them, you don't want to leave them, you don't want to join them.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them. And tbh, I very much doubt you'd get a response of "join in" on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    "And before anyone says get new mates, I really really like this lot, and its not as simple as getting new friends, is it?"

Yes it is.
    I liked all my mates too... when the "in thing" became lets go down to the vauxhall dealership and get stoned everyday I found a new set.
    Suggest you do the same.
    What a strange strange place to go and get stoned.
    I don't really know where to start with alienating my mates from my life, I mean, this lot includes my best mate, who I spend all day with most days. I know I can make new friends but I still go to school with them and its quite difficult to just start not being friends with them. I'm going to uni in a couple of months anyway, which means I guess I'll get free of them, but uni isnt one big anti-drug movement is it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    tbh just chill out. It's just a bit of recreational use!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    You don't want to talk to them, you don't want to leave them, you don't want to join them.
    Brilliantly concluded. Well done. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d0mz)
    Brilliantly concluded. Well done. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, it is possible to miss the point, sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Most of my friends are the same, my boyfriend was at one point but he's stopped it all now.
    There's not alot you can do, they know how it could affect them and they still do it. You can try saying to them but I think you'll either have to get new mates or find a way of accepting it. I have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Yeah, it is possible to miss the point, sometimes.
    Your telling me. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How often are they doing it? If it's just a seldom thing, at parties here and there, maybe just leave them to it, you don't have to join in with them, if you know that they're gonna be getting wrecked then just get drunk at these times (surely you like to get drunk now and again) because I know what it's like to see your friends gurning horrifically, but if you're drunk maybe it won't be so bad! If not, maybe just don't go out with them if they're going to a party? Get a different (not new) group of friends that you can go to the pub with or something when your mates are out killing their braincells.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d0mz)
    Your telling me. :rolleyes:
    Two in a row.

ReputationRep:
    It's too difficult to get your friends to pull out of their drug use habits. If you don't look for new friends I'm afraid to say I would not be surprised if you ended up resorting to the very same habits as them (that's to say if you felt excluded that they were using intense recreational drugs and not you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angie:nofrills)
    How often are they doing it? If it's just a seldom thing, at parties here and there, maybe just leave them to it, you don't have to join in with them, if you know that they're gonna be getting wrecked then just get drunk at these times (surely you like to get drunk now and again) because I know what it's like to see your friends gurning horrifically, but if you're drunk maybe it won't be so bad! If not, maybe just don't go out with them if they're going to a party? Get a different (not new) group of friends that you can go to the pub with or something when your mates are out killing their braincells.
    Okay, good advice.
    Of course I like to get trollied sometimes, just not all the time. I guess being hammered will dampen my need to be sensible and feel caring. I'll give that one a go (we've got a party on friday night and then a dance gig thing on saturday night). Ty :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    Two in a row.
    And for you, mate.

ReputationRep:
    Join in?

on a serious note, you should just go hang out with some other people while they're doing their drugs, you don't exactly have to hang out with them all the time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.