The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That's tough. Friends can get very bitchy if you don't go along with them. Peer pressure is not easy. Try and go your own way, you'll have to at some point in life, so it might be best for you if you make the break now.
Reply 21
Everyone seems to be doing drugs nowadays. *shrugs*
Reply 22
pretz
Why not join in? Coke, pills and ket make for bloody good fun, you're only young once etc..

... and perhaps forever after your new found hobby! Well, untill your flesh starts decomposing and putrefaction kicks in. Cause then you don't really exist anymore.
Reply 23
you're not gna be able to stop them.
personally, I would just stick it out. I drink but my mates went through a phase of doing pills/ coke and it stressed me out too, but I had one friend who didn't do it either so maybe that's why it was easier.. but yeah, it was only a phase that lasted a few months.. guess it just got too expensive!

if you really like your mates, then maybe tell them that at the moment you have a crap time cos you feel responsible for them and stuff, and you really don't want to. maybe force one of them not to do it each night so that someone else shares the responsibility? ha sorry these are crap suggestions.. but if you really want to keep these mates then it seems like your only option really.
Unfortuantly you're not allowed to execute them. Druggies are almost as bad as terrorists.

(that means get away from them)
JC.
"And before anyone says get new mates, I really really like this lot, and its not as simple as getting new friends, is it?"

Yes it is.
I liked all my mates too... when the "in thing" became lets go down to the vauxhall dealership and get stoned everyday I found a new set.
Suggest you do the same.

What do you mean the vauxhall delearship[
Syntax Terrier
Unfortuantly you're not allowed to execute them. Druggies are almost as bad as terrorists.

Yeah great. What a prick ha
how recently did they start getting into them? it might just be a phase, the novelty wears off after a while..
I've got a few druggie mates, I lov going out with them because no matter how absolutely smashed I get on booze, they feel worse in the morning :smile:
Ah TSR!

All you can do is say "Uh guys, i dont really like you doing drugs" they're probably not gonna stop for you and to be fair you shouldnt expect them to, you're all old enough to know what the score is.

They're not going to end up junkies or selling your laptop for bump and they're not gonna stop liking you if you don't want to be around them when they're doing drugs.

They're not bad people for doing it either
Reply 30
Syntax Terrier

Yup, clearly his friends deserve to die. :eyeball:

moron.
Reply 31
Might just be a phase. Best you can do is stick to your own moral guidelines. Maybe a couple of them will see you having fun without drugs and follow your example instead.

Don't start preaching though, easiest way to lose your friends.
Reply 32
Well I know where you are, ive been in your position, and then I was in your friends position. I fine now, I was mainly doing as everyone else was.
I would advise to keep hanging out with them, but not all the time, be there for them, but dont babysit them, its true people like someone straight to be there for them while they get off their heads, but its only fair when you take it in turns, and you dont really wanna mess with your head, some people end up loosing their minds, one of my friends ended up in a loony bin for voluntary help, and another was sectioned. Problem is that the more your around them, the more you may see or feel that the drugs arnt bad, thats what happened to me, and before I knew it I was on coke for 6 months, and I never needed it im very hyper and sociable, funny thing was when I took it i became totally introverted.
You could try and talk to them about something very deep and complicated, quantum physics, or like whats your best mate into is he going to uni, what subjects he gonna study, if its something thats mentally challenging, try and discuss something you know hes interested in, what stopped me was when I couldnt work out some basic mathematics, and music theory, my friend lightly took the micky saying man that stuff isnt very helpful for lateral thinkin, and it haunted me, to the point I gave it up.
The major thing is, that you cant save them all, some may give it up quickly, but your best mate may need you to help him, talk to him on his own, cos basically when you do drugs for more than a couple of years it becomes harder to give up, even canabis can be hard, one of my friends, couldnt go a day and hour without smoking to the point hes now so paranoid that he wont leave his house, and deal, and gets people to do everything for him, all he does is sit there, he was going to go to Oxford, he was really bright, now he is just a zombie, its so sad.
Sadly you will have to take a bit of a back seat, and as you say your going to uni presumably in september, but alot can happen to you in six months.

Be strong, be a good friend, but you are the one who is important, its your life, if they want to play russian roulette with their mind its really not your problem, if it was the other way, what do you think they would say, if all of them were straight and you were the one who was stoned..!!!

TAke care

Elli
Reply 33
Guy Secretan
What do you mean the vauxhall delearship[

a vauxhall dealership that was never opened.
Had a break room with big sofa's and a kettle...
Reply 34
Remember the days when you'd go down to the Vauxhall dealership and get stoned?
Good times :wink:
Reply 35
A similar situation happened to me during my final years of private school so around year 10-11, everyone had far to much money so they indulged per se in drugs and drink. Of course it soon reflected on those that did or didn't do drugs, just stay clear and try to live with it if you can.
Reply 36
emsxxx
tbh just chill out. It's just a bit of recreational use!

yeah, that's how it begins.
It can also stay that way
Reply 38
When I was in this situation I chose to make new friends.
The friends I had who took drugs became annoying and obsessed. It happened when I was around 16. The last straw was when I was at a dealers house with an (now ex) boyfriend. Another guy came round to pick up and he started comming onto me and inappropriately touching me (nothing majorly bad but I do not put up with ****). Obviously I removed myself from the situation but my boyfriend at the time was too off his face to even notice me being upset.

I find it can just become a dangerous and damaging environment to be with and generally the people really annoyed me.

But thats just what I did. I did try to talk to my friends but it did a fat lot of good and I had to give up for my own sake.
Reply 39
Simps
yeah, that's how it begins.

Millions of people use drugs occasionally and never develop an addition. If everyone who has ever done drugs turned into a junkie then I bet most of the Uk population would be!

Latest

Trending

Trending