Mf1999
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Could someone help me with part c of this question I don’t even know where to start
Name:  D6B61668-85BC-44FD-987F-4E509A6771E8.jpg.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  21.9 KB
Attachment 747902
NigelCws
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mf1999)
Could someone help me with part c of this question I don’t even know where to start
First of all.. how did you manage to capture such a blurry image in 2018?
Not sure if u have learned about the dot product of vectors, but that is one way to find the velocity perpendicular to the initial velocity. Here are the steps:
1. Split the initial velocity into horizontal and vertical components. (Let's call them Ux & Uy)
2. The velocity at Q will be Vx & Vy, after using dot product on the 2 vectors, for both of them to be perpendicular, Ux * Vx + Uy * Vy =0
3. Solve the equation in 2. and get the displacement from the velocity (Vy & Vx).
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
original velocity = ai + bj

perpendicular velocity = bi - aj

acceleration = 0i - 9.8j

bi - aj = ai + bj + (0i - 9.8j)t

====> b - a = 0

a = 7
b = 7c

Spoiler:
Show

i am actually getting a value for c

c = 1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.55%
As I expected (58)
32.77%
Harder (64)
36.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.52%

Watched Threads